Re: Archive::Tar uncompress question

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Z. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:17 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Archive::Tar uncompress question

I’m not sure. I’m just surprised that tarsimple uses
Archive::Tar as its name, instead of Archive::Tar::Wrapper or
something like that, since it’s just a wrapper, and not a tar
implementation in Ruby.

-austin

Are you (or anyone else) using Archive::Tar for minitar or something?

But yeah, I should probably change that to Archive::Tar::External, which
would be in line with my Net::Ping::External (a convention I adopted
from Perl, btw), although I highly doubt anyone would use both packages
in the same program.

Dan

On 4/6/06, Berger, Daniel [email protected] wrote:

I’m not sure. I’m just surprised that tarsimple uses Archive::Tar as
its name, instead of Archive::Tar::Wrapper or something like that,
since it’s just a wrapper, and not a tar implementation in Ruby.
Are you (or anyone else) using Archive::Tar for minitar or something?

But yeah, I should probably change that to Archive::Tar::External,
which would be in line with my Net::Ping::External (a convention I
adopted from Perl, btw), although I highly doubt anyone would use both
packages in the same program.

I’m using it as a namespace in minitar (Archive::Tar::Minitar), which
just declares it as a module. I can be a bit smarter about how I declare
it, so it’s not a huge deal; I was just surprised that the package name
and the namespace mismatched so wildly :wink:

-austin