Re: Anyone interested in implementing Etc module for Mono?

Most of the libraries are still poorly specced. I actually wrote most of
the current etc ones in order to get them passing. If you look around
though, you can find places in the lib specs that are empty files :frowning:

From: Shri B. [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 10:58 AM
To: [email protected] [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Anyone interested in implementing Etc
module for Mono?

If you run “mspec ci library\etc”, that runs the real RubySpec specs.
irtests does run a command like “mspec ci lib” which will run the Etc
RubySpec specs. http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/rubyspec might
be useful to you about how these scripts work.

The RubySpecs are supposed to be working on all platforms. The specs use
checks like “platform_is :windows” or “platform_is_not :windows” to have
versions for all OSes. I am surprised that the current ones expect nil.
You can fix them to have versions of the specs that work on Unixes. You
can run the tests against MRI using “mspec –tr” to ensure that the spec
you add is correct.

If you can streamline the development process for Mono, that will be
great so others have an easier time in the future…