From: Jason U. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a running problem with the USRP, i am
confused!
To: “Bill S.” [email protected],
[email protected]
Date: Friday, May 8, 2009, 4:35 PM

Does it mean USRP could not keep on running for
a long time or the USRP boards we are using have been broken? I do not know
the reason for this problem. Please let me know what’s wrong with the USRP.
Thanks a lot!

I believe there is an issue with the costas loop implementation in one
of the older mpsk_receiver implementations where the phase offset
correction gets clipped rather than rolled over (ie, -2pi->2pi). If
the offset is small it may take awhile for this error to show up. If
you use the verbose costas loop and see the phase correction going up
to 2pi or down to -2pi and not rolling over you may have this issue.

Jason