JD

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ryan R.
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 10:12 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Ironruby-core] RCov

I know everyone is using IronRuby for their testing, but what about code
coverage? Has anyone tried RCov with a .NET app?

Ryan R.

Email: [email protected]mailto:[email protected]
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Twitter: @panesofglass
Website: http://panesofglass.org/

The core is C-based. Most of it is in Ruby. This is just similar to
ruby-debug which also has a small C-based core. Both would need a small
hook from IronRuby. So its certainly feasible to support it, but at this
point, it will be post-1.0

However, you would only get coverage for Ruby code. For profiling .NET
code, you have to use .NET profilers like the one in VS.