rcodetools is a collection of Ruby code manipulation tools. It includes
xmpfilter and editor-independent Ruby development helper tools, as well
emacs and vim interfaces.
Currently, rcodetools comprises:
- xmpfilter: automagic Test::Unit assertions/RSpec expectations and
- rct-complete: 100% accurate (editor-independent) code completion
- rct-doc: document browsing and code navigator
- rct-meth-args: precise method info (meta-programming aware) and TAGS
rcodetools includes and supersedes xmpfilter, which has been much
extended by rubikitch, ultimately resulting in the rct-* tools, which
almost entirely his work.
See http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?rcodetools for further information.
- –dev: adds project directories to $:
- –completion-class-info: list completion candidates and class info
- display completion candidates with description, both in emacs
and vim (using the menu+preview window).
See the screenshots/screencasts at
rcodetools can be installed with RubyGems:
gem install rcodetools
If you try this shortly after a release and you get an old version/a 404
error, please allow some time until the packages propagate to
rcodetools is available in tarball format. rcodetools’ executables will
faster when installed this way, since RubyGems add a noticeable
rcodetools can be used with any editor, but the distribution includes
and vim interfaces (contributions for other editors are welcome); see
README.emacs and README.vim in the sources for more information.
Further usage info available at
Use and distribution subject to the terms of the Ruby license.