The Common Alerting Protocol is a lightweight standard to facilitate the
distribution of alerting data. RCAP is an implementation of the CAP
document protocol in Ruby. It allows for the creation of RCAP messages
Ruby applications and the parsing of external messages.
RCAP currently supports CAP 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
Changes in RCAP 2.3.0:
- Fixed YAML import and export
- Ruby 2.1 tested
For more information:
- The RCAP project page can be found at
- The RCAP API docs can be found at
- A public git repository can be found at http://github.com/farrel/RCAP
- A CAP Validator based on RCAP can be found at