The Common Alerting Protocol is a lightweight standard to facilitate
the distribution of alerting data. RCAP is an implementation of the
CAP in Ruby. It allows for the creation of RCAP messages from Ruby
applications and the parsing of external messages.
RCAP currently supports CAP 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
Changes in 2.0.0:
- Changed initialisation to block/builder style
- Refactored RCAP so protocol versions are subclassed from classes in
Fore more information:
- The RCAP project page can be found at
- The RCAP API documentation can be found at
- A public git repository can be found at http://github.com/farrel/RCAP
- A CAP validator based on RCAP is available at