Rake spec:rcov failing

Trying to run the ‘spec:rcov’ task and failing with error below.

I saw a post from last year with a different REXML error but it was a
FixNum
issue.

Any help appreciated.

S

OS X
Ruby 1.8.6
Rails 2.02
RSpec-1.1.3 (build 20080131122909)
REXML 3.1.6

=====
876 examples, 0 failures, 87 pending
/opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/text.rb:155:in `check’: Illegal
character ‘<’ in raw string " (RuntimeError)
// <![CDATA[
function toggleCode( id ) {
if ( document.getElementById )
elem = document.getElementById( id );
else if ( document.all )
elem = eval( “document.all.” + id );
else
return false;

elemStyle = elem.style;

if ( elemStyle.display != "block" ) {
  elemStyle.display = "block"
} else {
  elemStyle.display = "none"
}

return true;

}

// Make cross-references hidden by default
document.writeln( “<style type=“text/css”>span.cross-ref { display:
none
}” )
// ]]>
" from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/text.rb:153:in
each' from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/text.rb:153:incheck’
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/text.rb:125:in
parent=' from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/parent.rb:19:in<<’
from (eval):161:in <<' from (eval):112:increate’
from (eval):372:in h_' from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rcov-0.8.0.2/lib/rcov/report.rb:746:increate_index’
… 28 levels…
from
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rcov-0.8.0.2/lib/rcov.rb:628:in
dump_coverage_info' from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rcov-0.8.0.2/lib/rcov.rb:628:ineach’
from
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rcov-0.8.0.2/lib/rcov.rb:628:in
`dump_coverage_info’
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rcov-0.8.0.2/bin/rcov:405
$

Steve,

Did you have any luck with this? I ran into this problem today, with
Rcov 0.8.1.2.0, RSpec 1.1.3, and REXML 3.1.7.3.

-Alf

I havne’t take a look yet, but a couple of points:

  • I was mistaken in my OP; I’m running REXML 3.1.7.3
  • I saw a different post on a related topic that seemed to blame REXML

I’d been meaning to go back to an earlier version of REXML and see if
that
fixed it since I had rcov working on this project a while back and I did
upgrade my REXML version at some point.

Wow, ok…I have had other trouble with REXML 3.1.7.3 being too
finicky…a few weeks back I found it enforcing declaration of XML
namespaces even though it doesn’t seem to be actually doing anything
with namespaces except refusing to parse if they weren’t properly
declared.

So, I did suspect the REXML version until I saw you were running 3.1.6.
:slight_smile:

I downgraded to 3.1.7 and it’s working now! Don’t know if it’s REXML
being buggy or just finicky, but I’m glad to have something working.
:slight_smile:

Thanks,

-Alf

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs