Rake db:migrate not working


#1

I keep getting access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using
password: YES)

this is all I have in my database.yml file:
development:
adapter: mysql
database: devel
user: root
password: xxxxxx
host: localhost


#2

Chris G. wrote:

I keep getting access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using
password: YES)

this is all I have in my database.yml file:
development:
adapter: mysql
database: devel
user: root
password: xxxxxx
host: localhost

This is a Rails question (Ruby is a language) - further discussion
belongs on
Ruby on Rails Talk forum at Google G…

Run this at a command prompt:

mysql -uroot

If you get in (very likely for out-of-the-box MySQL), then take out the
password
line in that YAML file!


#3

Phlip wrote:

This is a Rails question (Ruby is a language) - further discussion
belongs on
Ruby on Rails Talk forum at Google G…

Run this at a command prompt:

mysql -uroot

If you get in (very likely for out-of-the-box MySQL), then take out the
password
line in that YAML file!

Sorry new to ruby and rails…just learning it all. I tried that and I
get the same error, but this time it says password: NO


#4

Chris G. wrote:

mysql -uroot

If you get in (very likely for out-of-the-box MySQL), then take out the
password
line in that YAML file!

Sorry new to ruby and rails…just learning it all. I tried that and I
get the same error, but this time it says password: NO

mysql -uroot -p

that means prompt for a password…

You could also reinstall mysql…


#5

Sorry new to ruby and rails…just learning it all. I tried that and I
get the same error, but this time it says password: NO

mysql -uroot -p

that means prompt for a password…

You could also reinstall mysql…

i took out the password in the database.yml file and now it says that my
devel database is Unknown. I made sure the database is there, so I don’t
know what the problem is.

BUMP


#6

Phlip wrote:

Chris G. wrote:

mysql -uroot

If you get in (very likely for out-of-the-box MySQL), then take out the
password
line in that YAML file!

Sorry new to ruby and rails…just learning it all. I tried that and I
get the same error, but this time it says password: NO

mysql -uroot -p

that means prompt for a password…

You could also reinstall mysql…

i took out the password in the database.yml file and now it says that my
devel database is Unknown. I made sure the database is there, so I don’t
know what the problem is.


#7

Chris G. wrote:

i took out the password in the database.yml file and now it says that my
devel database is Unknown. I made sure the database is there, so I don’t
know what the problem is.

BUMP

No bump: Post a new, complete request to the Ruby on Rails Talk forum at
Google
Groups!

Make sure to tell them what ‘show databases;’ returns inside MySQL!