Rails wiki down

Is the rails wiki (http://wiki.rubyonrails.org) down or abandoned?

On Monday, February 28, 2011, all4miller [email protected] wrote:

Is the rails wiki (http://wiki.rubyonrails.org) down or abandoned?

It has been taken down.

Any idea when it will be up?

I found lots of interesting materials on wiki, so it is indeed very
helpful

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Maxo [email protected] wrote:

Any idea when it will be up?

I found lots of interesting materials on wiki, so it is indeed very
helpful

There are no plans to bring it up again by now. The wiki had some
outdated information and was not maintained generally speaking. The
link to the wiki has been removed also from the sidebar of the
generated public/index.html etc.

Rails has now two official sets of documentation, the API and the
guides.

On 3 March 2011 07:55, Xavier N. [email protected] wrote:

generated public/index.html etc.

Rails has now two official sets of documentation, the API and the guides.

So where do I find the most useful list of reserved words that used to
be at http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ReservedWords ?

Colin

On 3 March 2011 08:41, Colin L. [email protected] wrote:

On 3 March 2011 07:55, Xavier N. [email protected] wrote:

There are no plans to bring it up again by now. The wiki had some
outdated information and was not maintained generally speaking.

So where do I find the most useful list of reserved words that used to
be at http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ReservedWords ?

“I’ve emptied the bath… now, where’s the baby?!”

:-/

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Kivi [email protected] wrote:

Could you please provide the links to these official documentations
and guides?

Sure: http://rubyonrails.org/documentation.

I also found the rails wiki incredibly useful when I was
installing the environment (apache-passenger, rails). I have not found
equivalently clear information on these topics anywhere else yet.

Please have a look at the excellent documentation of Phusion
Passenger: http://www.modrails.com/documentation.html.

On Mar 3, 9:55am, Xavier N. [email protected] wrote:

Rails has now two official sets of documentation, the API and the guides.

Hi,

Could you please provide the links to these official documentations
and guides? I also found the rails wiki incredibly useful when I was
installing the environment (apache-passenger, rails). I have not found
equivalently clear information on these topics anywhere else yet.

Best regards,

Kristjan

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Colin L. [email protected]
wrote:

Rails has now two official sets of documentation, the API and the guides.

So where do I find the most useful list of reserved words that used to
be at http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ReservedWords ?

As a last resort you can consult the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails

Please note that the wiki has been down for weeks, and mostly nobody
noticed. That’s a signal. It was something that played its role in the
early days, and now we have to move on.

Of course, if there’s missing documentation in the project that should
be fixed.

On 3 March 2011 09:34, Xavier N. [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Colin L. [email protected] wrote:

Rails has now two official sets of documentation, the API and the guides.

So where do I find the most useful list of reserved words that used to
be at http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ReservedWords ?

As a last resort you can consult the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://web.archive.org/web/20110303101520/wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails
The following error was encountered:
* Socket Failure
The system returned:
(98) Address already in use
Squid is unable to create a TCP socket, presumably due to excessive
load. Please retry your request.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:15:22 GMT by ia310702.us.archive.org
(squid/2.6.STABLE14)

Colin

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Colin L. [email protected]
wrote:

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:15:22 GMT by ia310702.us.archive.org
(squid/2.6.STABLE14)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DecUcrq6AKo

On 3 March 2011 10:53, Xavier N. [email protected] wrote:

Squid is unable to create a TCP socket, presumably due to excessive
load. Please retry your request.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:15:22 GMT by ia310702.us.archive.org
(squid/2.6.STABLE14)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DecUcrq6AKo

I don’t know how I can ever thank you enough.

Colin

Would be nice if the Rails Wiki link was removed from this page -
http://rubyonrails.org/community and the Wiki word deleted from the
Community Bubble on the home page.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs