Rails instalation under Windows - problem

Hello, I’m trying to install Rails (command: gem install rails) after I
instaled Ruby in to Windows. Unfortunately, I encounter this error
message (temporary disc space is set in to C: HDD):

ERROR: While executing gem … (Errno::ENOSPC)
No space left on device -
H:/.gem/specs/gems.rubyforge.org%80/quick/Marshal.
4.8/rails-2.3.5.gemspec

What to do? How successfully run this command? Thanks

Chris H. wrote:

Do you have space left on H: ?

H: is some network drive which I could access only in specific location
(I’m not there right now). Additionally - it has only few megabytes of
free space. In result I can’t use H: as my temporary drive for rails
instalation.

I would like to force gem to choose C: as a temporary drive, but HOW…
which command to use? I didn’t find anything usable in gem helps.

Anyone could help?

Do you have space left on H: ?

TRy instant rails it works
do not waste yours time still need to install we are here

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Jan K. [email protected]
wrote:

.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

Hi Rajeev, thanks. You helped me a lot. Now I have running Instant
Rails, but how to force it to work together with some IDE (Aptana,
Netbeans)? Error messages like “wrong gems, cannot launch mongrel server
etc.” appear when I’m trying to run sample application inside these
tools.

dO NOT TRY ide FOR rails there is sach a no need trust me ok if stiil
error come print that here

On 2/27/10, Jan K. [email protected] wrote:

“Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

Well, you confused me a little bit ;-). Where do you write your apps? In
notepad? And how do you test them?

Thanks
Jan

kannav rajeev wrote:

TRy instant rails it works
do not waste yours time still need to install we are here

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Jan K. [email protected]
wrote:

.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

Kannav,

I disagree there are some very very good editors for Rails, and having
rails and ruby directly installed instead of using instant rails is
way better option.

Jan,

You should try rubymine, is a great editor for the installation
problem you where having what version of windows are you using ?

Cheers!

listen Use
instant rails Notepad ++ as a editor for a while take a tour of instant
rails

On 2/27/10, Jan K. [email protected] wrote:

To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

On Feb 27, 5:07 am, Jan K. [email protected] wrote:

Where do you write your apps? In notepad?

Emacs, for example here it is on win7:

http://static.destiney.com/emacs_screen_shot.jpg

Or if you prefer and editor instead an IDE e-text editor is also very
good, is textmate for windows basically http://yfrog.com/i3etextj
running on windows 7

Hello guys, thanks for all your advices, I really appreciated them. I
decided to stay with Notepad++ as an editor for now. I moved forward,
but…

I created my own application directory (command: rails myapp) and I can
see ruby welcome page when I put localhost:3000 in to browser. Now, I
don’t know how to force ruby to take in to mind my .rb file with sample
code (puts “Hello world!”) which I saved in to myapp directory
structure. Sorry for really newbie question, but I’ve just started.

Thanks,
Jan

Jan K. wrote:

Hi Rajeev, thanks. You helped me a lot. Now I have running Instant
Rails, but how to force it to work together with some IDE (Aptana,
Netbeans)? Error messages like “wrong gems, cannot launch mongrel server
etc.” appear when I’m trying to run sample application inside these
tools.

I am using Netbeans all the time, but never come to mind using build in
application server.

I simply start DOS (command) window, cd to root directory of your app
and run:

ruby script\server

This will run webrick or mongrel if it is installed.

by
Ther

On 27 February 2010 15:37, Jan K. [email protected] wrote:

Hello guys, thanks for all your advices, I really appreciated them. I
decided to stay with Notepad++ as an editor for now. I moved forward,
but…

I created my own application directory (command: rails myapp) and I can
see ruby welcome page when I put localhost:3000 in to browser. Now, I
don’t know how to force ruby to take in to mind my .rb file with sample
code (puts “Hello world!”) which I saved in to myapp directory
structure. Sorry for really newbie question, but I’ve just started.

Have a look at the Getting Started rails guide at
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/. And the other guides for that matter.

Colin

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs