Rails failure after upgrade to 1.1.2


#1

Greetings,
I tried upgrading Rails to 1.1.2 and now nothing is really working. In
connection to the Rails upgrade I upgraded my Ruby version to 1.9.0. I
also upgraded all my gem installs.

Since my old rails apps stopped working I tried generating a fresh one
, alas with the same result. Below I included the full trace when
trying to reach the app. Line 3 in application.rb is :

class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base

Any hints on where I might be going wrong is much appreciated,
/kristofer

–Full trace from browser–

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionwebservice-1.1.2/lib/action_web_service/container/action_controller_container.rb:66:in
match' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionwebservice-1.1.2/lib/action_web_service/container/action_controller_container.rb:66:inrequire_web_service_api’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionwebservice-1.1.2/lib/action_web_service/container/action_controller_container.rb:50:in
web_service_api_with_require' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionwebservice-1.1.2/lib/action_web_service/container/action_controller_container.rb:87:ininherited_with_api’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionwebservice-1.1.2/lib/action_web_service/dispatcher/action_controller_dispatcher.rb:34:in
inherited_with_action_controller' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/application.rb:3 /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:140:inload’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:56:in
require_or_load' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:30:independ_on’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:85:in
require_dependency' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:85:inrequire_dependency’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/dispatcher.rb:69:in
prepare_application' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/dispatcher.rb:37:indispatch’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/webrick_server.rb:115:in
handle_dispatch' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/webrick_server.rb:81:inservice’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/webrick/httpserver.rb:111:in service' /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/webrick/httpserver.rb:70:inrun’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/webrick/server.rb:172:in `start_thread’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/webrick/server.rb:161

This error occured while loading the following files:
application.r


#2

I’m not sure that Rails 1.1.2 is compatible with Ruby 1.9

On 4/11/06, Kristofer L. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

web_service_api_with_require'depend_on’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/webrick/httpserver.rb:111:in `service’


Kent

http://www.datanoise.com


#3

It happens with 1.8.4 as well


#4

OK. Can you post besides the stack trace what exception is being
thrown? Thanks.

Kent.

On 4/11/06, Shane S. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

also upgraded all my gem installs.
–Full trace from browser–

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:56:in

/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/webrick/httpserver.rb:111:in
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
removed_email_address@domain.invalid


Kent

http://www.datanoise.com


#5

I decided on downgrading to ruby 1.8.2 for the moment. Have the same
gem install , so I get to run rails 1.1.2, and everything works just
fine again.


#6

Hey Kristofer, I would have gone with Ruby 1.8.4 instead of 1.8.2 for
your
RoR development.

-Conrad


#7

Ok, this is where the exception is caught.

Rendering
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/templates/rescues/layout.rhtml
(500 Internal Error)


#8

Can you show us the stack trace from the log file, not from the browser?

From the information you’ve provided I can see what the problem is.

Kent.


#9

Hi,

The reason I went as far back as to 1.8.2 was that Shane seemd to have
the same problem on 1.8.4. However I would prefer using 1.8.4 so I can
run mongrel. WIll test and see if I run into the same issues.

/kristofer


#10

Hi,

I did post the only line that differed from my logfile and the output
the browser gave me. However I now run 1.8.4 and all is still ok.
Myhaps there is something not ready for ruby 1.9.0 in rails.

I’ll just repost the log error again for your convenice
Rendering
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/templates/rescues/layout.rhtml
(500 Internal Error)

Cheers,
Kristofer