Rails deployment issue... no such file or directory - getcwd? huh?

Everything works fine locally but when I deploy I get this:

Errno::ENOENT (No such file or directory - getcwd):
/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/
active_support/dependencies.rb:78:in expand_path' /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:78:inrequire_or_load’
/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/
active_support/dependencies.rb:60:in depend_on' /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:442:inrequire_dependency’
/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:
141:in prepare_application' /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb: 178:insend!’
/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:
178:in run_callbacks' /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb: 175:ineach’
/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:
175:in send!' /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb: 175:inrun_callbacks’
/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:
114:in dispatch' /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb: 126:indispatch_cgi’
/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:9:in
dispatch' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/mongrel/ rails.rb:76:inprocess’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/mongrel/
rails.rb:74:in synchronize' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/mongrel/ rails.rb:74:inprocess’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:155:in process_client' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:155:inprocess_client’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:154:in each' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:154:inprocess_client’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:281:in run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:281:ininitialize’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:281:in new' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:281:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:264:in initialize' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:154:ineach’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:154:in process_client' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:281:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:281:in initialize' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:281:innew’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:281:in run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:264:ininitialize’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/
mongrel.rb:264:in new' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/ mongrel.rb:264:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/mongrel/
configurator.rb:282:in run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/../lib/mongrel/ configurator.rb:281:ineach’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/mongrel/
configurator.rb:281:in run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/mongrel_rails: 128:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/…/lib/mongrel/
command.rb:212:in run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.1/bin/mongrel_rails: 281 /usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails:16:inload’
/usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails:16

Anyone have an idea?

It’s worked before, but for some reason my new changes aren’t taking
place and somehow, at the same time, this error came up.

My changes only involve editing the view and routes which is nothing
related to the above.

I’d love some ideas!

Thanks.

Hi, does your rails application work locally in production mode?
-Conrad

For the record, I had the same problem yesterday. I rebooted my server
(a Solaris 10 zone) and that seemed to fix it.

Hey, thanks! I was just about to throw the computer through the window.
Was
running in a removed directory too.

On 22 March 2013 21:37, Carlos G. [email protected]
wrote:

Hey, thanks! I was just about to throw the computer through the window. Was
running in a removed directory too.

I expect someone else will do it again in another three or four years.

Colin

I was running in a removed dir too.

Life saving thread.

Henry Collingridge wrote:

For the record, I had the same problem yesterday. I rebooted my server
(a Solaris 10 zone) and that seemed to fix it.

I experienced this issue today, it was caused by the fact that I was
running in a directory that I had removed from another terminal
instance.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs