Rails [BUG] Segmentation Fault - help


#1

Hi all,

When trying to execute that:

@files = Dir.glob(’*’ )

and render as

<% for file in @files %>
file name is: <%= file %>

<% end %>

using rails 2.2 and ruby 1.8.7, I’m getting the following message:

C:/langs/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1285:
[BUG] Segmentation fault

Should say that this only happens when I’m reloading the page, so the
first time it works, but after a page reload I got this error and the
ruby interpreter stop working.
I’m using Windows Vista.
Any idea?

Thanks,

Felipe


#2

On 7 Dec 2008, at 17:24, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

file name is: <%= file %>

<% end %>

using rails 2.2 and ruby 1.8.7, I’m getting the following message:

What patch level of 1.8.7 do you have? There were some bad versions
released a while back, including 1.8.7p22

Fred


#3

Frederick C. wrote:

On 7 Dec 2008, at 17:24, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

file name is: <%= file %>

<% end %>

using rails 2.2 and ruby 1.8.7, I’m getting the following message:

What patch level of 1.8.7 do you have? There were some bad versions
released a while back, including 1.8.7p22

Fred

ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] over the One-Click
install, since I couldn’t make it work on windows without it.


#4

On 8 Dec 2008, at 15:53, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

released a while back, including 1.8.7p22

Fred

ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] over the One-Click
install, since I couldn’t make it work on windows without it.

I’d try the latest version of the one click that you can get (or 1.8.6

  • most people are still using that)

#5

Frederick C. wrote:

On 8 Dec 2008, at 15:53, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

released a while back, including 1.8.7p22

Fred

ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] over the One-Click
install, since I couldn’t make it work on windows without it.

I’d try the latest version of the one click that you can get (or 1.8.6

  • most people are still using that)

I just did. I get the same message. I realize that this only happens to
rails 2.2.2 and I am not able to install 2.2.1 or event 2.2.0 through
gem.

I opened a ticket at
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8995/tickets/50-action-pack-baserb-1285-segmentation-fault#ticket-50-1

I’d like to help figure out what is going on, but I don’t even know
where to look.


#6

On 8 Dec 2008, at 16:28, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

install, since I couldn’t make it work on windows without it.

I’d try the latest version of the one click that you can get (or
1.8.6

  • most people are still using that)

I just did. I get the same message. I realize that this only happens
to
rails 2.2.2 and I am not able to install 2.2.1 or event 2.2.0 through
Which versions/patch levels did you try?

gem.

I opened a ticket at
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8995/tickets/50-action-pack-baserb-1285-segmentation-fault#ticket-50-1

That’s actually the wrong lighthouse - that’s for plugins that have
been extracted from rails, not rails itself.

You should included the exact version of ruby (and I suppose the
backtrace info you get from ruby might be useful).

Fred


#7

Frederick C. wrote:

That’s actually the wrong lighthouse - that’s for plugins that have
been extracted from rails, not rails itself.

You should included the exact version of ruby (and I suppose the
backtrace info you get from ruby might be useful).

Fred

I put there, because I though it was from Action Pack plugin should be
under Rails Plugins. I created a new one at
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994-ruby-on-rails/tickets/1531-action-pack-baserb-1285-segmentation-fault

I wonder how to close the first one.