Rails Borked After 1.1.3 Install?

I installed 1.1.3 on my OS X Tiger machine and now I’m seeing very
strange
results.

When hitting a controller action, I am told that perfectly valid methods
are
not there:

NoMethodError (undefined method `find’ for VideoTrack:Module)

Huh? Here’s the code in question:

VideoTrack.find(:all, :conditions => “featured_video = 1”, :order =>
‘created_at DESC’)

So… What the hell is going on? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hunter

On Jun 28, 2006, at 9:02 AM, HH wrote:

Huh? Here’s the code in question:

VideoTrack.find(:all, :conditions => “featured_video = 1”, :order =>
‘created_at DESC’)

So… What the hell is going on? Any ideas?

VideoTrack should be a Class, not a Module.

Eric H. - [email protected] - http://blog.segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com

It is a class!

And it works fine under Rails 1.1.2.

It only breaks under 1.1.3 - no code changes at all.

Doesn’t make much sense.

Eric,

I appreciate that you’re taking the time to respond. Seems like you’re
assuming Rails 1.1.3 is ok…

Have you tried 1.1.3? There are some known bugs and 1.1.4 is coming out
fix them.

This one ain’t my code, it’s a borked Rails issue. My app works with
1.1.2
and 1.1.4 (stable SVN check out)… It’s a Rails 1.1.3 issue.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time.

Cheers,
Hunter

On 6/28/06, HH [email protected] wrote:

It is a class!

And it works fine under Rails 1.1.2.

It only breaks under 1.1.3 - no code changes at all.

It looks like you’ve placed your controller insider a model. This is
rather
ugly, but supported in 1.1.4. (In the future it probably won’t be.)

Nicholas:

Did you mean “controller insie a module” ? If so? why would that not
be
supported?

On 6/30/06, Brian H. [email protected] wrote:

Nicholas:

Did you mean “controller insie a module” ? If so? why would that not
be supported?

No, I meant “controller inside a model.”

On Jun 28, 2006, at 5:17 PM, HH wrote:

results.
‘created_at DESC’)

So… What the hell is going on? Any ideas?

VideoTrack should be a Class, not a Module.

It is a class!

No, it isn’t:

NoMethodError (undefined method `find’ for VideoTrack:Module)

If it was a class it would look like this:

class X; end; X.foo
NoMethodError: undefined method `foo’ for X:Class

And it works fine under Rails 1.1.2.

It only breaks under 1.1.3 - no code changes at all.

Doesn’t make much sense.

Is it possible you have a module VideoTrack lying around somewhere in
your application?

Eric H. - [email protected] - http://blog.segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com

I was the OP and I can say that I don¹t know why you would and I did
not…
It is a truly bizarre idea.

From: Brian H. [email protected]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:37:09 -0500
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Rails] Rails Borked After 1.1.3 Install?

Nicholas:

Okay cool. But… how the heck would you do that?? and why???

On 6/30/06, Nicholas S. < [email protected]
mailto:[email protected] >