Rails and Android/IoS

Hi guys,

I am currently developing a web app and a mobile app with pretty much
the same guts. As we all know, entering ‘rails s’ will allow me to
pull the site up in my local browser at ‘localhost:3000’. Is there
anyway I can access this from my mobile phone so that I can see how it
looks before sending it to a public host? Currently I’m deploying to
Heroku to access the mobile site…which makes for tedious back and
forth.

Thanks and Regards.

On 9 June 2011 16:27, bertly_the_coder [email protected] wrote:

Is there
anyway I can access this from my mobile phone so that I can see how it
looks before sending it to a public host?

One way is to download one of the desktop emulators for the mobile OS
of your choice.

You can also make your site “live” on the web with a bit of router
port-forwarding, and point your mobile at the correct IP/port.

Have a look at http://pow.cx from 37 Signals. If you are using your
local WiFi network on both your computer and your phone, it should
Just Work.

Walter

On 9 June 2011 16:27, bertly_the_coder [email protected] wrote:

Hi guys,

I am currently developing a web app and a mobile app with pretty much
the same guts. As we all know, entering ‘rails s’ will allow me to
pull the site up in my local browser at ‘localhost:3000’. Is there
anyway I can access this from my mobile phone so that I can see how it
looks before sending it to a public host? Currently I’m deploying to
Heroku to access the mobile site…which makes for tedious back and
forth.

On the phone you should just be able to browse to
http://:3000
so something like
http://192.168.1.100:3000

Colin

WOW!!! Thank you for all these good suggestions!! I will try them out.
Thank you so much guys!!

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM, bertly_the_coder [email protected]
wrote:

Thanks and Regards.
install orical virtual box on your system and dowanload liva anroid on you
pc adn give source file to virtual box and start anroid and then enter
url
http://10.0.0.2:3000 ites comunicate with local server in your system

jayesh dalwadi

Just connect both your computer and phone to same wifi network and point
phones browser to your computers ip address:3000
On Jun 9, 2011 8:42 AM, “Colin L.” [email protected] wrote:

On the phone you should just be able to browse to
http://:3000
so something like
http://192.168.1.100:3000

Colin


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google G.
“Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs