For my thesis I’m constructing a questionnaire and I would like to
know your opinion about it and perhaps additional questions. The
research will focus on the adoption factors and demographic
characteristics of companies using rails. So if you happen to know
good questions, or think they’re inappropriate, let me know.
I’ll start off:
What is your company name?
What city is your company located in?
What is the country your company is located in?
What is your core business activity?
What is the industry sector of your clients?
Percentage of projects implemented with rails?
Do you operate online or do you have a physical location as well?
What is your responsible position?
What is the annual gross revenue of your organization?
Does your organization exclusively use rails? (yes/no)
How many people does your entire organization employ?
How many full-time IT employees does your organization employ?
How many full-time Rails employees does your organization employ?
How many full-time Ruby employees does your organization employ
Ranking of rails features
- When using rails, what are the most important features for your
(5 point Likert scale: totally not important up to very important)
- Active Record
- Open Source
Strongly disagree up to strongly agree questions
- Rails has a good fit with enterprise strategic IT architectures
- Rails provides application portability
- Rails provides data integration
- Rails can coexist with your organization’s key applications
- Rails is easy to use
- It is easy for the developers to remember how to perform tasks
- Using rails requires a lot of mental effort
- Using rails is frustrating
- advantage 1
- advantage 2
- disadvantage 1
- disadvantage 2