Rails 3?

I’m planning to try the Rails 3 beta with IronRuby later today. Is there
any
reason it just flat-out won’t work yet? I noted that R3 requires MRI
1.8.7
because of a hash-equality bug in 1.8.6, whereby two different hashes
containing the same values are not considered equal, preventing hashes
from
being used as keys in other hashes.

Cheers,
Mark

I don’t think anybody tried that already. I’d be keen to get your
results

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

Anyone have a link for instructions on getting IronRuby + Rails up and
running on IIS via Rack?

I already have everything installed, but I’m not sure how to configure
IIS to use Rack. Already created a seperate AppPool. A few more
questions… What directory should be used as the virtual dirctory
(root of rails app? Public?). What is the bare minimum needed in
web.config? Where can I find the config.ru mentioned? Do any mime
types need to be added to IIS?

Thanks

I’ve tried earlier versions of rails 3 and it appears that it might rely
on constant lookup differences as well.

I’d also like to know if things have changed.

JD

I don’t think anybody tried that already. I’d be keen to get your
results

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Mark Rendle
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
I’m planning to try the Rails 3 beta with IronRuby later today. Is there
any reason it just flat-out won’t work yet? I noted that R3 requires MRI
1.8.7 because of a hash-equality bug in 1.8.6, whereby two different
hashes containing the same values are not considered equal, preventing
hashes from being used as keys in other hashes.

Cheers,
Mark

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

Right, I’ll have a crack at that over the weekend then.

Answering my own post here… My initial problem was that I was using the
Windows installer instead of the source code download. I didn’t realize
it wasn’t included in the installer. I saw Jimmy’s todo reference of
supplying a gem in the future.

In any case, after getting the VS2010 solution to compile in VC2010 RC,
I did run into two subsequent issues. Incidentally, I added
Fusion!EnableLog to the registry in order to see logging info. Which
revealed that my first error had to do with a Microsoft.Scripting
configuration error in web.config. The log showed where it was
attempting to locate the assembly and that lead me to suspect an x64
issue. I deleted the version/culture/PublicKey data from the reference
to get it to continue on to the next error in Interperter.cs which I
stopped at:

System.NotSupportedException was unhandled by user code
Message=Win32API is not supported in 64-bit process
Source=Snippets.debug.scripting

So, I’m guessing this means x64 is not currently supported? Can anyone
confirm or deny this? If x64 is not supported yet, is there an ETA?

Thanks