Rail3 and rake

I’m trying rails 3.
I’ve installed postgres jdbc adapter, run jruby -S rails new myapp -m
http://jruby.org/rails3.rb and it’s ok.
Then jruby -S rake -T and I have this error:

Could not find gem ‘jdbc-sqlite3 (>= 0, runtime)’ in any of the gem
sources.
Try running `bundle install.
If I want to use postgres and I have installed it why rake asks for
sqlite3?
Has anyone the same problem?

Hi Mauro,

this is a problem with rails not knowing that you would like to use a
JDBC driver.

Open config/Gemfile and remove the line:

gem ‘sqlit3-ruby’

and replace it with

gem ‘activerecord-jdbc-adapter’
gem ‘activerecord-jdbcsqlite3-adapter’
gem ‘jdbc-sqlite3’

then bundle install

Cheers
Michael J.

I’ve installed postgres jdbc adapter, run jruby -S rails new myapp -m
http://jruby.org/rails3.rb and it’s ok.
Then jruby -S rake -T and I have this error:

Could not find gem ‘jdbc-sqlite3 (>= 0, runtime)’ in any of the gem
sources.
Try running `bundle install.
If I want to use postgres and I have installed it why rake asks for
sqlite3?
Has anyone the same problem?

Thanks.
I’ve modified Gemfile like this:

gem ‘activerecord-jdbc-adapter’
gem ‘activerecord-jdbcpostgresql-adapter’
gem ‘jdbc-postgres’

as I’m using postgres.
I’ve had installed activerecord-jdbcpostgresql-adapter so I don’t
think I have to run bundle install.

On 24 August 2010 13:33, Michael J. [email protected]