Hello, Ruby newbie here, with a small Radiant installation mess.
I installed Ruby 1.8.5 and Rails on Apache2/Debian(etch) with
mod_fcgid, according to these instructions:
I have also installed Radiant 0.6.2 according to this page:
I had to bootstrap both production and development databases to get
past errors (mysql).
- My home page shows the About sidebar in raw Textile markup.
- Using the admin pages, the PAGES, SNIPPETS, and LAYOUTS tabs do
not appear at the top.
- Using the admin pages, when ever I try to access the About page or
a sample blog post, I get this error: “dependencies.rb:266:in
`load_missing_constant’: uninitialized constant TextileFilter”.
- No extensions are listed, not even Textile or Markdown.
- If I try to update the extensions, I get that an unexpected nil
object “whiel evaluating nil.initialize_default_admin_tabs”.
- The vendor/extensions and vendor/plugins directories are empty.
BTW, when I did the Radiant installation and was asked to select a
“site template,” I had no clue what ‘simple’ and ‘styled’ meant and
couldn’t google down their meanings either. I chose ‘styled’.
Any idea what’s going on? Thanks!