Radiant i18n


#1

Hello,

I would like to propose to the next versions of Radiant some kind of
internacionalization system. The only pages that need to be translated
are the ones from the /admin.

I can translate to Portuguese (pt) and Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br).


Atenciosamente,
Júlio Santos M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#2

Julio,

Sounds like a good project. If you have some time today (I’m assuming
you’re in the Americas), please meet me on #radiantcms on Freenode IRC.
I might have some ideas for you.

Sean


#3

I’d love to listen up on your exchange, if you don’t mind… could you
give us a heads up when you meet?

2007/3/7, Sean C. removed_email_address@domain.invalid:


#4

I would be interested in this as well and can offer help with it and
translation into German…

Keith B.
Tel: +49-7731-79838380
removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#5

I am in IRC as I write this. I may be in and out and working on my
other projects today, but I’m ready to talk whenever.

Sean


#6

Hello,

I can help out with Swedish. I’ve worked with localizations
professionally for 5 years (back in the days).

Martin O.


#7

I can provide a Dutch translation.

Do we need some kind of administration to maintain translations?

Regards,
Erik.

Julio Santos M. wrote:

Hello,

I would like to propose to the next versions of Radiant some kind of
internacionalization system. The only pages that need to be translated
are the ones from the /admin.

I can translate to Portuguese (pt) and Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br).


Erik van Oosten


#8

Sorry to burst the bubble, but John informed me we won’t be including
i18n until version 1.0, partly because the admin UI may change
significantly between now and then. However, if you are still willing
at that time, we’ll hit you up for translations.

Sean


#9

When/Where do these conversations about “the admin UI may change” occur,
and how can I get invited?

Sean C. wrote:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but John informed me we won’t be including
i18n until version 1.0, partly because the admin UI may change
significantly between now and then. However, if you are still willing
at that time, we’ll hit you up for translations.

Sean


#10

Jacob B. wrote:

When/Where do these conversations about “the admin UI may change” occur,
and how can I get invited?

We talked about it over IM. That’s one of the privileges of core
developers. :slight_smile:

Sorry not to keep others in the loop. Internationalization has come up
several times before on this mailing list and I believe I’ve given the
same answer: I’d prefer to wait on Internationalization until after 1.0
(it’ll be a 1.1 thing). This is because (as Sean already mentioned) I’m
planning to revamp the UI before 1.0 and I’d rather not have the
overhead of it until after that point.


John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com


#11

On 3/7/07, John W. Long removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Sorry not to keep others in the loop. Internationalization has come up

several times before on this mailing list and I believe I’ve given the

same answer: I’d prefer to wait on Internationalization until after 1.0
(it’ll be a 1.1 thing). This is because (as Sean already mentioned) I’m
planning to revamp the UI before 1.0 and I’d rather not have the
overhead of it until after that point.

IIRC, some sort of a road map existed in the early days. Is there
anything
that could give even a vague idea of the future for the forthcoming
releases
up to, let say, 1.0? With no obligations whatsoever, of course. :slight_smile: