Radiant Hooks

I’ve been thinking on the same line as Dror, Radiant core needs some
hooks so that us (implementers can write plugins against). Here is a
list of hooks that I’ve been thinking about. Please add yours to this
thread.

  1. Add navigation tab–Allows to add brand new functionality to
    Radiant, such as an asset manager or a dashboard page.
  2. Model (Insert, Update, Delete, Publish State) changes. Probably
    just piggyback off ActiveRecord’s callbacks–Example would be to send
    out an email when a page gets published
  3. Adding links to rows in the page table. An example would be to see
    a list of comments for a page.
  4. Adding hooks to add rhtml in the “more” section and below the parts
    section. An example would be to add a place to specify a category or
    tags.

thoughts?

What’s an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lor more that it’s ever
done in a PC.

My Digital Life - http://scottwalter.com/blog
Pro:Blog - http://scottwalter.com/problog
Snippets - http://snippets.scottwalter.com

On 7/24/06, Scott W. [email protected] wrote:

  1. Adding links to rows in the page table. An example would be to see a
    list of comments for a page.
  2. Adding hooks to add rhtml in the “more” section and below the parts
    section. An example would be to add a place to specify a category or tags.

Add a hook for a filter to replace the textarea for its part with
something
else if it wants.

:slight_smile:

I’ve already come up with a system to do this but dropped it because of
it’s complexity. I can send you code that makes it possible if you want
along with the hooks I had already put in.

Josh

Could you post it to a website or create a diff patch? I would like to
see what you attempted. I’m curious about it’s complexities.

scott.