I don’t know if this is a bug or just my misunderstanding of how
things should work, but I thought it might be useful to share.
I installed the radiant-0.6.0rc1.gem on my Ubuntu system in the usual
way. Everything seems to go into /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/. Here’s
a list of what’s currently installed:
actionmailer-1.3.2/ cgi_multipart_eof_fix-2.1/ rails-1.1.6/
actionpack-1.12.5/ daemons-1.0.4/ rails-1.2.2/
actionpack-1.13.2/ fastthread-0.6.4.1/ rake-0.7.1/
The Radiant binary went into /usr/bin:
[email protected][~]> which radiant
radiant is /usr/bin/radiant
radiant is /usr/X11R6/bin/radiant
[email protected][~]> radiant --version
Looks okay, so next I ran “radiant web/radiantsite” to setup my
working directories and followed the rest of the installation
instructions, ending up with a functioning radiant site.
Days later, when I tried to run “ruby script/generate extensions
myextension” from web/radiantsite, I discovered there wasn’t any
generate script. My workaround was to copy everything from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/radiant-0.6.0 into web/radiantsite.
Hope this is useful to someone.