Racc 1.5.2 Windows Server 2019 installing error

Hello,
I try to install RedMine on my Windows Server 2019, and I started installing required gems, and got error, see later. Please, help me. Thanks in advance.

Installing racc 1.5.2 with native extensions

Gem::Ext::BuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

current directory:
C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/racc-1.5.2/ext/racc/cparse
C:/Ruby27/bin/ruby.exe -I C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/2.7.0 -r
./siteconf20210923-7736-1t2bahw.rb extconf.rb
checking for rb_ary_subseq()… yes
creating Makefile

current directory: C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/racc-1.5.2/ext/racc/cparse
make “DESTDIR=” clean
current directory: C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/racc-1.5.2/ext/racc/cparse
make “DESTDIR=”
make failedNo such file or directory - make “DESTDIR=”

Gem files will remain installed in C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/racc-1.5.2
for inspection.
Results logged to
C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/extensions/x86-mingw32/2.7.0/racc-1.5.2/gem_make.out

An error occurred while installing racc (1.5.2), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install racc -v '1.5.2' --source 'https://rubygems.org/'
succeeds before bundling.

In Gemfile:
rails was resolved to 5.2.6, which depends on
actioncable was resolved to 5.2.6, which depends on
actionpack was resolved to 5.2.6, which depends on
actionview was resolved to 5.2.6, which depends on
rails-dom-testing was resolved to 2.0.3, which depends on
nokogiri was resolved to 1.11.7, which depends on
racc

It’s hard to know why the build failed unless you take a look at the gem_make.out file.

Can you tell us the content of the file?

Thanks for your reply. Here is the content of this file:

C:/Ruby27/bin/ruby.exe -I C:/Ruby27/lib/ruby/2.7.0 -r ./siteconf20210923-3964-1j0uygq.rb extconf.rb
checking for rb_ary_subseq()… yes
creating Makefile

make “DESTDIR=” clean
make “DESTDIR=”
make failedNo such file or directory - make “DESTDIR=”

There are few similar problems like this:

I’m not much familiar with windows environment, but the issue is related. You must install Ruby DevKit if you want to install gems like these. Ruby DevKit can be found here:

SouravGoswami, thanks, it works!

Best regards,
KdaCMC

1 Like

Dealing with installation errors can be a real headache, huh? I once ran into a similar issue when trying to set up a software on my server.

Have you checked if there are any specific compatibility requirements or dependencies needed for Racc 1.5.2 on Windows Server 2019? Sometimes, it’s those little details that can cause big headaches.