----Messaggio originale----
Da: [email protected]
Data: 06/02/2010 14.34
A: "gnuradio"[email protected]
Ogg: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus R. News

What is important to us is to keep providing the SDR hardware at lowest possible prices and keep developing your
products.

Presentaci un amico! Invita i tuoi amici a scoprire i servizi Tiscali:
per ogni amico che attiverà un servizio Tiscali, potrai avere 30 euro di
sconto e lo stesso sconto di 30 euro verrà poi offerto al tuo amico.
Scopri come!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/presentaci_un_amico/?WT.mc_id=01fw

On 8 February 2010 13:21, Alberto T. [email protected]
wrote:

Hi

I assume that the objective for a GNU HW manufacturer should be “to keep providing the SDR hardware at lowest
possible prices and keep developing products” + UNDER GPL.
I know no big company with these objectives. And I don’t expect NI to be different. GNU and big business are not good
friends.
I think it’s just a matter of time. Let’s make the most until then.

This is not a blame for Ettus management of course, but please raise your hand anybody being 100% sure that the GNU
part of USRP project is not jeopardized inthe long run.

We can speculate all that we want but the only thing we can know with
100% certainty is that nobody can predict the future. Therefore, I’ll
limit my contribution in this thread to pointing out that there have
also been positive cases where similar acquisitions have lead to
something very good for the community. The acquisition of Trolltech
(Qt) by Nokia comes to mind, which changed Qt from GPL/Commercial to
LGPL and opened up a much closer collaboration between developers and
the community.

I see no reason for being pessimistic based on the available evidence.

Alex