" appearing in email

I am having problems with the formatting of my email.
This is what my code looks like


  email =

NotifyMailer.create_send_notifications(@notification,@test)
email.set_content_type(“text/plain”)
NotifyMailer.deliver(email)

and my send_notifications.rhtml looks like this


<%=h @notification.message %>

When I send an email with quotes, for example ( test “message”) my email
looks like this

test "message&quot

I am running rails 1.2.3. Any help will be appreciated.

On Feb 4, 2010, at 12:48 PM, Jay D. wrote:

and my send_notifications.rhtml looks like this


<%=h @notification.message %>

Don’t escape it. h is an alias for html_escape which (for 2.3.2) does
this on the argument:

to_s.gsub(/[&"><]/) { |special| HTML_ESCAPE[special] }

On Feb 4, 9:11 pm, Philip H. [email protected] wrote:

<%=h @notification.message %>

Don’t escape it. h is an alias for html_escape which (for 2.3.2) does
this on the argument:

To be quite precise, only use h (that is, html_escape) if the output
is html. While your template is a .rhtml, you are telling mail clients
that you are sending plain text.

Fred

Frederick C. wrote:

On Feb 4, 9:11�pm, Philip H. [email protected] wrote:

<%=h @notification.message %>

Don’t escape it. �h is an alias for html_escape which (for 2.3.2) does �
this on the argument:

To be quite precise, only use h (that is, html_escape) if the output
is html. While your template is a .rhtml, you are telling mail clients
that you are sending plain text.

Fred

Great! that worked.
Thanks!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs