Qt Ruby Bindings in Ubuntu?

I know this is more of an ubuntu and apt-get problem but I thought maybe
someone here has run across this already. I want to use Qt bindings in
ruby and I’ve been told that I need to install the package
libqt0-ruby1.8. I’ve also been told that it is in the universe
repository. I have both source and binary universe repositories enabled
but synaptic does not return any hits when I search for libqt0.

If I try it from the command line via: apt-get install libqt0-ruby1.8
I get:

Package libqt0-ruby1.8 is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package libqt0-ruby1.8 has no installation candidate

I’d appreciate any tips or advice to get this working!

Gary

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 11:39 am, gary huntress wrote:

Package libqt0-ruby1.8 is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package libqt0-ruby1.8 has no installation candidate

I’d appreciate any tips or advice to get this working!

Gary

If this were #debian, you’d be trolled out the channel for using
synaptic…
even in #ubuntu :slight_smile:

Please learn to use the command line tools :slight_smile:

apt-get install libqt0-ruby1.8

btw, which ubuntu version are you using?

Tsume

p.s. Add the proper repositories

You can see in my original post that I did try exactly the command line
you
suggested, and I posted the error I received.
I am using hoary hedgehog, and as I said I have all the standard
repositories enabled.

Gary