Qa_volk_test_all (Failed) & qa_codec2_vocoder (Failed) when running make test

Hi,

I have tried to follow instruction from:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BuildGuide, in order
to build gnuradio manually from source. When i’ve reached the step make
test command, it gives the following result at the end of the line:

99% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 190

Total Test time (real) = 132.05 sec

The following tests FAILED:
1 - qa_volk_test_all (Failed)
185 - qa_codec2_vocoder (Failed)

Is there some methods to resolve this problem?

And my next question is, which methods are better install gnuradio using
pybombs or build manually from source?
Regarding the pybombs, i’ve tried this method before and it’s
succesfully run gnuradio for my usrp N210, the problem is i have to run
./pybombs env and source $prefix/setup_env.sh commands manually each
time i restart the machine. Is there methods to run this process
automatically in our system or machine (i’m using Ubuntu Desktop 12.04
32 bit)?

Thanks for your explanations.
Andy

Hi Andy,

I highly recommend using pybombs. For unfamiliar readers the
instructions
are here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki

To set the environment variables on startup just add the ‘source
blahblahblah’ path that ‘./pybombs env’ gives you to the end of your
‘~/.bashrc’ file.

The great thing about pybombs is that you don’t need to install
everything
as root and to uninstall everything (unlike the build-gnuradio script)
all
you do is delete the ‘target’ directory or run ‘./pybombs remove’. A
directory called ‘target’ will be made in the same directory that the
pybombs folder is placed in so I advise making a folder called something
like ‘~/sdr/gr/’ and then run the ‘git clone’ command inside that.

Mike

Mike J. M0MIK BSc MIET
Ettus R. Technical Support
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://ettus.com

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your advice for pybombs, it’s work now…

Andy