PyBOMBS install gnuradio 3.7.4

I’ve just reinstalled gnuradio yesterday, using PyBOMBS.
The newly installed version is gnuradio 3.7.4. The installation
succeeded,
but it then failed to compile my custom module which worked flawlessly
with
previous gnuradio installation.

The previous version was gnuradio 3.7.3 which was installed using
build-gunuradio, which had no problem at all.

Compilation error:

Linking CXX shared library libgnuradio-activecat.so
[ 71%] Built target gnuradio-activecat
Scanning dependencies of target test-activecat
[ 72%] Building CXX object

lib/CMakeFiles/test-activecat.dir/test_activecat.cc.o
[ 74%] Building CXX object
lib/CMakeFiles/test-activecat.dir/qa_activecat.cc.o
Linking CXX executable test-activecat
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/test-activecat.dir/test_activecat.cc.o:
undefined reference to symbol
‘_ZN5boost10filesystem6detail16create_directoryERKNS0_4pathEPNS_6system10error_codeE’
/usr/bin/ld: note:
‘_ZN5boost10filesystem6detail16create_directoryERKNS0_4pathEPNS_6system10error_codeE’
is defined in DSO
/home/sgku/download/gnuradio/target/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.so.1.53.0
so
try adding it to the linker command line

/home/sgku/download/gnuradio/target/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.so.1.53.0:
could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/test-activecat] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib/CMakeFiles/test-activecat.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

System info:

[email protected]: ~ $ gnuradio-config-info   -v
v3.7.4git-257-gcb0bc7f0

[email protected]: ~ $ uname -a
Linux rs 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.57-3+deb7u1 i686 

GNU/Linux

How to solve this?

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Activecat [email protected] wrote:

Linking CXX shared library libgnuradio-activecat.so
/usr/bin/ld: note:
make: *** [all] Error 2

The problem has been solved.
Solution: Reinstall gnuradio using PyBOMBS, make sure prefix=/usr/local

Note:
During PyBOMBS install wizard, we are prompted for prefix, which
defaults
to …/target
If we just press ENTER to accept the default value, then the prefix
becomes
something like /home/user1/download/gnuradio/target.
But regardless of what has been configured for the prefix, the OOT
(out-of-tree module) will be install into /usr/local.
Since the newly generated setup_env.sh does not include /usr/local,
above
error could occur.

On 20.05.2014 09:58, Activecat wrote:

Note:
During PyBOMBS install wizard, we are prompted for prefix, which
defaults to …/target
If we just press ENTER to accept the default value, then the prefix
becomes something like /home/user1/download/gnuradio/target.
But regardless of what has been configured for the prefix, the OOT
(out-of-tree module) will be install into /usr/local.
Since the newly generated setup_env.sh does not include /usr/local,
above error could occur.

FYI, I don’t like installing stuff to /usr/local. If you take PyBombs’
directory, and then use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX on your own OOT, that’ll
make both work and you don’t have to screw around in your system’s dirs.

M

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Martin B.
[email protected]wrote:

FYI, I don’t like installing stuff to /usr/local. If you take PyBombs’
directory, and then use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX on your own OOT, that’ll
make both work and you don’t have to screw around in your system’s dirs.
M

In this case we execute “cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user1/download/gnuradio/target …/” in the
OOT build directory.
Is there any way to “hard code” this install_prefix into the OOT setting
file, so that we just need “cmake …/” in the OOT build directory?

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Activecat [email protected] wrote:

In this case we execute “cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user1/download/gnuradio/target …/” in the
OOT build directory.
Is there any way to “hard code” this install_prefix into the OOT setting
file, so that we just need “cmake …/” in the OOT build directory?

Thanks, I’ve found the answer at
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2007-September/016565.html

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Martin B.
[email protected]wrote:

FYI, I don’t like installing stuff to /usr/local. If you take PyBombs’
directory, and then use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX on your own OOT, that’ll
make both work and you don’t have to screw around in your system’s dirs.
M

With the "cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user1/download/gnuradio/target …/ ", one
of
the python files is still installed into /usr/local. The block also
doesn’t
show up in the block tree.

Instead of
/home/user1/download/gnuradio/target/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/activecat/abc.py,
it wrongly installed to
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/activecat/abc.py

As a result I have to copy it manually to the correct location.

It seems PyBOMBS is still very problematic.

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Activecat [email protected] wrote:

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user1/download/gnuradio/target …/ ", one of
It seems PyBOMBS is still very problematic.

I’m failing to see how your hand installation of your own OOT module has
anything to do with PyBOMBS?

Tom

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs