Programmatically associate a file extension

Hi,

How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
using Ruby.

Please send information regarding this.

Thanks in Advance,
kumar

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Kumar Ca [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
using Ruby.

Please send information regarding this.

Thanks in Advance,
kumar

if you are on windows, use ftype and assoc commands.

http://www.ss64.com/nt/ftype.html

Jano S. wrote:

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Kumar Ca [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
using Ruby.

Please send information regarding this.

Thanks in Advance,
kumar

if you are on windows, use ftype and assoc commands.

http://www.ss64.com/nt/ftype.html

Thanks a lot

please give procedure for linux

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Kumar Ca wrote:
|
| Thanks a lot
|
| please give procedure for linux

http://www.google.com/


Phillip G.
Twitter: twitter.com/cynicalryan

Rule of Open-Source Programming #8:

Open-Source is not a panacea.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkf7nM0ACgkQbtAgaoJTgL/33QCdH9cjQa3OLZaZ92dDxYzVe/b0
uxYAn3aOZqRB9HwEWtSNWk1URt2Y+xSU
=S6Wa
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Kumar Ca wrote:

Jano S. wrote:

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Kumar Ca [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

How can we programmatically associate a file extension to my program
using Ruby.

Please send information regarding this.

Thanks in Advance,
kumar

if you are on windows, use ftype and assoc commands.

http://www.ss64.com/nt/ftype.html

Thanks a lot

please give procedure for linux

Linux does not use a “file extension” to associate a program with a
file. Instead, scripts typically have a “shebang” line at the top. This
is a comment to the script but, if it is present, the shell will use it
to determine what program to execute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)

In which operating system?

It’s non-trivial.

LOL

Learn Ruby on Rails! Check out the FREE VIDS (for a limited time)
VIDEO #3 out NOW!
http://sensei.zenunit.com/

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs