Problems with SOAP: duplicate XML declarations

Hi,

I’m trying to implement a SOAP client using the native Ruby SOAP
client library. Here’s the relevant bit of code:

 XSD::Charset.encoding = 'UTF8'                       # Set

encoding
wsdlfile = “http://ws.interfax.net/dfs.asmx?wsdl” # WSDL
location
driver =
SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdlfile).create_rpc_driver # Create
driver

and set up

methods

 driver.wiredump_dev = STDERR # output SOAP transactions to STDERR
 @result = driver.SendCharFax({:Username => username, :Password =>

password, :FaxNumber => destinationfaxnumber, :Data =>
‘hello’, :FileType => ‘’})

For some reason, this is sending XML with two XML declarations! Here
is what it is sending:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<env:Envelope xmlns:xsd=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
xmlns:env=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
xmlns:xsi=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance”>
env:Body

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> pass123 001801751234 hello faxuser

I’ve tried to figure out what’s going, tried searching Google and also
asked another Ruby developer, but neither of us have a clue why it’s
doing this.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Jon
PS: This is the first application I’ve written in Ruby… so don’t
discount obvious solutions :wink:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

[email protected] wrote:

I’m trying to implement a SOAP client using the native Ruby SOAP
client library. Here’s the relevant bit of code:

For some reason, this is sending XML with two XML declarations! Here
is what it is sending:

What version of soap4r are you using? The versions from
soap4r-1.5.5.20070519 to soap4r-1.5.5.20070605 try to call ‘to_xml’
method of parameters. Later versions try to call ‘to_xmlpart’ instead
of ‘to_xml’. Just updating soap4r should solve the problem.

Regards,
// NaHi

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.1 (Cygwin)

iQEVAwUBRnaJuh9L2jg5EEGlAQIQVAf/TsfXyi1xyjjkr+4E+j3FVBW46nRNbbxu
HktnHj3OQMIotpv9FAGv0jGJq+C87ca9fCQSg+4xV8fauSVWEkZXJHotRkZ+gTQS
3lOtU8+IAvSuxzlMGIWjUgwFXkSTSeN/SvWrbt0cdk/pINIumxl5ATaRQ/WK6gUD
kqf9WMpbwUfvRuiNqnmmMWk5rPpBoLnoLWB3/wnFS+ksodZOcUGFDTRdGs0Ivo9h
mlz+b31JhQoIFaxsWcucMuM0itpuzgfTEe2eYFe7sBbEY1p7W4fF3Lc+238ydu6q
xqfTBUz0+ajIzmMIboLN6otGob5OcnwR7aUNMa97HYLnq81ryWHmNg==
=4hGI
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Yay! I updated all my gems (“gem update”) including soap4r, restarted
the server and voila! Correct XML and it’s all working again :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Jon

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs