Problems with Rails and no existing files

I have had som success with ROR and of course some problem.

I have managed to install Ruby on Rails partially. I can issue the
command

rails myTestApp

but the command doesn’t create all the necessary files. For example I
miss dispatch.fcgi and .httaccess.

I installed Ruby 1.8.7, by compiling the source. I have installed the
RubyGem version 1.3.5 from the Ruby on Rails website

I have also installed the following gems
abstract (1.0.0)
actionmailer (2.3.5)
actionpack (2.3.5)
activerecord (2.3.5)
activeresource (2.3.5)
activesupport (2.3.5)
addressable (2.1.1)
crack (0.1.4)
data_objects (0.10.1)
diff-lcs (1.1.2)
dm-core (0.10.2)
dm-migrations (0.10.2)
erubis (2.6.5)
extlib (0.9.14)
fcgi (0.8.8)
haml (2.2.17)
hashie (0.1.5)
highline (1.5.1)
httparty (0.5.0, 0.4.5)
json_pure (1.2.0)
mailfactory (1.4.0)
merb-action-args (1.0.15)
merb-assets (1.0.15)
merb-auth (1.0.15)
merb-auth-core (1.0.15)
merb-auth-more (1.0.15)
merb-auth-slice-password (1.0.15)
merb-cache (1.0.15)
merb-core (1.0.15)
merb-exceptions (1.0.15)
merb-gen (1.0.15)
merb-haml (1.0.15)
merb-helpers (1.0.15)
merb-mailer (1.0.15)
merb-param-protection (1.0.15)
merb-slices (1.0.15)
merb_datamapper (1.0.15)
mime-types (1.16)
mysql (2.8.1)
oauth (0.3.6)
ParseTree (3.0.4)
rack (1.1.0, 1.0.1)
rails (2.3.5)
rake (0.8.7)
RedCloth (4.2.2)
rspec (1.3.0)
ruby-hmac (0.3.2)
ruby2ruby (1.2.4)
ruby_parser (2.0.4)
RubyInline (3.8.4)
sexp_processor (3.0.3)
templater (1.0.0)
thor (0.9.9)
twitter (0.8.1, 0.8.0)
twittery (0.0.4)
ZenTest (4.2.1)

What do I miss to make rails create a project with all necessary files?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Patrick L.
[email protected] wrote:

I have managed to install Ruby on Rails partially. I can issue the
command

rails myTestApp

but the command doesn’t create all the necessary files. For example I
miss dispatch.fcgi and .httaccess.

No, those aren’t created, and you don’t need them.

Are you getting an error while trying to run the app?


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

Hassan S. wrote:

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Patrick L.
[email protected] wrote:

I have managed to install Ruby on Rails partially. I can issue the
command

rails myTestApp

but the command doesn’t create all the necessary files. For example I
miss dispatch.fcgi and .httaccess.

No, those aren’t created, and you don’t need them.

Are you getting an error while trying to run the app?


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

But I hade read several guides and tutorials that those files are
created and modified.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Patrick L. [email protected]
wrote:

But I hade read several guides and tutorials that those files are
created and modified.

There are certainly outdated tutorials out there, unfortunately.


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

Hassan S. wrote:

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Patrick L. [email protected]
wrote:

But I hade read several guides and tutorials that those files are
created and modified.

There are certainly outdated tutorials out there, unfortunately.


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

Ok I found one of those on Ruby On Rails website though.

Could you or someone else point me to a more up to date tutorial?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Patrick L. [email protected]
wrote:

Ok I found one of those on Ruby On Rails website though.

URL?

Could you or someone else point me to a more up to date tutorial?

http://guides.rails.info/getting_started.html currently based on 2.3.3

HTH, and enjoy!

Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

Hassan S. wrote:

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Patrick L. [email protected]
wrote:

Ok I found one of those on Ruby On Rails website though.

URL?

Could you or someone else point me to a more up to date tutorial?

http://guides.rails.info/getting_started.html currently based on 2.3.3

HTH, and enjoy!

Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
twitter: @hassan

Thank you very much! Now my rails environment is up!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs