The last couple of days I’ve been trying to get back on the wxRuby-horse
however I’ve ran into some problems while compiling/testing the
subversion sources. Mind, the 1.9.2 official release works fine.
Absolutely no problems whatsoever.
The first hurdle was that the rake install target doesn’t work. It fails
on rakewx.rb:145. Looking into it I found that $target_lib wasn’t set to
anything. Searching the sources I couldn’t find where it is supposed to
Still the rake gem command works fine so I installed the newly created
gem. However when trying to run the minimal sample (only one I tried) it
segfaults. After recompiling both wxGTK and wxRuby with debug enabled I
decided to run it through gdb.
I couldn’t find anything, it’s just a wee bit too complex for me to
handle right now. Don’t think this is useful for the developers but just
in case it might be this is the error I got: undefined symbol:
I am running wxGTK-2.8.6, Ruby 1.8.6, RubyGems 0.9.4 and the wxruby
subversion archive is up-to-date (rev 1450). I compiled wxGTK with the
following configure command:
./configure --disable-shared --with-gtk --enable-monolithic
–enable-unicode --enable-debug --enable-catch_segvs
–enable-mediactrl --with-opengl --with-libjpeg=builtin
–with-libtiff=builtin --with-zlib=builtin --with-expat=builtin
–enable-xrc --enable-mdi --enable-gif
–enable-pcx --enable-iff --enable-pnm --enable-xpm
With kind regards,