I’m having problems deleteing records that doesn’t have attachments even
though the model supports them. When I create a record with a attachment
I can delete it without problems but when it comes to deleting a record
that doesn’t have a attachment I get following error:
TypeError in NewsController#destroy

can’t convert nil into String

RAILS_ROOT: F:/NetBeansProjects/sportfreundewitold.de
Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu/backends/file_system_backend.rb:21:in
join' vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu/backends/file_system_backend.rb:21:infull_filename’
vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu/backends/file_system_backend.rb:63:in
destroy_file' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:178:insend’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:178:in
evaluate_method' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:166:incall’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:93:in
run' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:92:ineach’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:92:in
send' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:92:inrun’
vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu.rb:443:in
run_callbacks' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:315:incallback’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:309:in
destroy_without_transactions' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:179:insend’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:179:in
with_transaction_returning_status' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:66:intransaction’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:129:in
transaction' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:138:intransaction’
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:178:in
with_transaction_returning_status' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:142:indestroy’
app/controllers/news_controller.rb:94:in `destroy’

That’s probably because it tries to delete a attachment that isn’t
there. Is there any solution to this?
Is it possible to load a local (on a server) image as a attachment and
attach it to the record if the user didn’t upload anything creating the
record?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs