Problems building nginx-0.6.35 with fancyindex_module 0.1b5


#1

Im trying to upgrade my nginx from 0.6.34 to 0.6.35 and was using an
add-on module called nginx-fancyindex_module 0.1-beta5. Seems that with
this version of nginx the modules doesnt work at all:

gcc -c -O -pipe -O -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused-parameter
-Wno-unused-function -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Werror -g -I
src/core -I src/event -I src/event/modules -I src/os/unix -I objs -I
src/http -I src/http/modules -I src/http/modules/perl -I src/mail
-o
objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c: In function
‘make_content_buf’:
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:429: warning:
implicit declaration of function ‘ngx_utf_length’
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:430: warning:
signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:571: warning:
implicit declaration of function ‘ngx_utf_cpystrn’
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:571: warning:
assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: ***
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1

Does anyone know what could be the problem, it worked with 0.6.33 to
0.6.34 but seems now it doesnt.


#2

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:41:56AM +0100, Robert G. wrote:

../nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c

assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: ***
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1

Does anyone know what could be the problem, it worked with 0.6.33 to
0.6.34 but seems now it doesnt.

Here is patch as temporary solution.


#3

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:50:09AM +0300, Igor S. wrote:

-o

implicit declaration of function ???ngx_utf_cpystrn???
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:571: warning:
assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: ***
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1

Does anyone know what could be the problem, it worked with 0.6.33 to
0.6.34 but seems now it doesnt.

Here is patch as temporary solution.

The patch is attached.


#4

Igor S. wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:50:09AM +0300, Igor S. wrote:

-o

implicit declaration of function ???ngx_utf_cpystrn???
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:571: warning:
assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: ***
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1

Does anyone know what could be the problem, it worked with 0.6.33 to
0.6.34 but seems now it doesnt.

Here is patch as temporary solution.

The patch is attached.

Still doesnt work…

gcc -c -O -pipe -O -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused-parameter
-Wno-unused-function -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Werror -g -I
src/core -I src/event -I src/event/modules -I src/os/unix -I objs -I
src/http -I src/http/modules -I src/http/modules/perl -I src/mail
-o
objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c: In function
‘make_content_buf’:
…/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.c:571: error:
too few arguments to function ‘ngx_utf8_cpystrn’
make[1]: ***
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1


#5

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:17:10AM +0100, Robert G. wrote:

-Wno-unused-function -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Werror -g -I
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1

Yes, really. ngx_utf8_cpystrn() has been changed significantly.
Probably, I will add some fancyindex functionality to source tree.


#6

Igor S. wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:17:10AM +0100, Robert G. wrote:

-Wno-unused-function -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Werror -g -I
[objs/addon/nginx-fancyindex-0.1_beta5/ngx_http_fancyindex_module.o]
Error 1

Yes, really. ngx_utf8_cpystrn() has been changed significantly.
Probably, I will add some fancyindex functionality to source tree.

OK, thanks anyway