Problem with ruby-debug and rspec

So i’ve been getting this same thing with both rspec 1.1.1 and now with

ruby-debug works with i’m in the application code, but not when i’m in
the ‘spec’, or spec helper methods i’m loading. Basically any command
which should normally work like p, or pp, gets passed through to a
method_missing.

I’m kind of stumped on this one… any ideas?

-rabble

I’ve got the following plugins installed:
active_record_base_without_table
annotate_models
asset_packager
exception_logger
fixture_replacement
query_reviewer
rspec
rspec_on_rails
spatial_adapter
svn
white_list
will_paginate
ym4r_gm

and am using the following gems:
GeoRuby-1.3.2
RedCloth-3.0.4
has_finder-0.1.5
json-1.1.1
mocha-0.5.5
oauth
ruby-hmac-0.3.1

brickhouse:~/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk rabble$ spec
spec/controllers/account_controller_spec.rb
/Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/lib/sso_authentication/test_helper.rb:15
@controller.stubs(:current_user).returns(user)
(rdb:1) p self
INTERNAL ERROR!!! undefined method remove_method' for #<Spec::Rails::Example::ControllerExampleGroup::Subclass_1:0x34a22a4> /Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/test_process.rb:464:inmethod_missing’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/matchers.rb:149:in
method_missing' /Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/lib/sso_authentication/test_helper.rb:19:inauthenticate’
/Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/lib/sso_authentication/test_helper.rb:15:in
authenticate' /Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/lib/sso_authentication/test_helper.rb:106:inmethod_missing’
./spec/controllers/account_controller_spec.rb:64:in
test_already_tossed' /Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/lib/sso_authentication/test_helper.rb:58:inassert_requires_login’
./spec/controllers/account_controller_spec.rb:63:in
test_already_tossed' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:398:insend
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:398:in
add_method_examples' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_methods.rb:78:ininstance_eval’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_methods.rb:78:in
run_with_description_capturing' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_methods.rb:19:inexecute’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:48:in timeout' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_methods.rb:16:inexecute’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:286:in
execute_examples' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:285:ineach’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:285:in
execute_examples' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:120:inrun’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/runner/example_group_runner.rb:22:in
run' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/runner/example_group_runner.rb:21:ineach’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/runner/example_group_runner.rb:21:in
run' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:87:inrun_examples’
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/lib/spec/runner/command_line.rb:19:in
run' /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.2/bin/spec:4 /opt/local/bin/spec:19:inload’
/opt/local/bin/spec:19/Users/rabble/code/fireeagle-rails/core/trunk/lib/sso_authentication/test_helper.rb:15
@controller.stubs(:current_user).returns(user)
(rdb:1)