Problem with model validation with ajax

I have got a problem with :on => create validation

validates_uniqueness_of :nip, :regon, on => :create

Doesn’t work properly when I call it via xhr

In my log

Processing AdminController#doajaxing_for_updateuser (for 127.0.0.1 at
2010-03-22 17:37:13) [PUT]
Parameters:
{“account”=>{“company_attributes”=>{“nip”=>“634-119-69-92”}},
“named”=>“company|nip”, “locale”=>“pl”}

Processing AdminController#doajaxing_for_createuser (for 127.0.0.1 at
2010-03-22 17:31:33) [POST]
Parameters:
{“account”=>{“company_attributes”=>{“nip”=>“634-119-69-95”}},
“named”=>“company|nip”, “locale”=>“pl”}

It looks fine, Put and Post is given by my jquery request…

But still validation is always invoking validates_uniqueness_of …
why /.??

I check validation by:

@model.valid?

and later bringing messages using something like this

@model.errors[current_given]

regards

On Mar 22, 4:59Â pm, Piotr [email protected] MÄ…sior
[email protected] wrote:

I have got a problem with :on => create validation

validates_uniqueness_of :nip, :regon, on => :create

The :on there doesn’t refer to the controller action - it refers to
whether the save is an update to an existing record or not.

Fred

So painful, I was wondering is there any dry_save or something like
this ?

Piotr MÄ…sior wrote:

So painful, I was wondering is there any dry_save or something like
this ?

How do you populate your @model?

Stephan

Model is passed by @model variable with nested attributes so it is
like:

@model = model.new
@model.build_another

at form it is looped through like

  • form_for @account, :url => { :action => @given_action , :controller
    => ‘admin’} do |f|
  • f.fields_for :company do |o|
    %label{:for => “company|name”}=
    Company.human_attribute_name(:name)
    = o.text_field :name, :named => “company|name”
    - o.fields_for :city do |x|
    %label{:for => “company|city|name”}=
    City.human_attribute_name(:name)
    = x.text_field :name, :named => “company|city|name”

jquery is responsible for communication and requesting my particular
methods so it calls appropriate model basing on something like
params[:model], doajaxing method knows how to deal with nested
attributes

so it request from controller some action like
doajaxing_for_createmodel and it looks like:

def doajaxing_for_createmodel
doajaxing(“account”)
end

and doajaxing itself looks like

def doajaxing(object_name)
if request.xhr?
sended = params[object_name.to_sym]
object_name = object_name.camelize
@process = object_name.constantize
@process = @process.new(sended)
@process.valid?
##some other processing
if @process.errors[current_given]
#process message and field
#some @response is given in json
render :json => @response
end
end

that it work… I wonder if I can use instead of @process.valid?
something else

Piotr MÄ…sior wrote:

Model is passed by @model variable with nested attributes so it is
like:

@model = model.new

@model.build_another

at form it is looped through like

  • form_for @account, :url => { :action => @given_action , :controller
    => ‘admin’} do |f|
  • f.fields_for :company do |o|
    %label{:for => “company|name”}=
    Company.human_attribute_name(:name)
    = o.text_field :name, :named => “company|name”
    - o.fields_for :city do |x|
    %label{:for => “company|city|name”}=
    City.human_attribute_name(:name)
    = x.text_field :name, :named => “company|city|name”

jquery is responsible for communication and requesting my particular
methods so it calls appropriate model basing on something like
params[:model], doajaxing method knows how to deal with nested
attributes

so it request from controller some action like
doajaxing_for_createmodel and it looks like:

def doajaxing_for_createmodel
doajaxing(“account”)
end

and doajaxing itself looks like

def doajaxing(object_name)
if request.xhr?
sended = params[object_name.to_sym]
object_name = object_name.camelize
@process = object_name.constantize
@process = @process.new(sended)

Because you have “@process.new”, the “on_create” validations will be
triggered.

If you are updating an existing record, use
@process = @process.find(…model-id…)
where model-id is usually taken from “params” (params[:id]).
Then assign the new values to @process.

Then the “on_create” validations will not be triggered.

  @process.valid?

##some other processing
if @process.errors[current_given]
#process message and field
#some @response is given in json
render :json => @response
end
end

that it work… I wonder if I can use instead of @process.valid?
something else

Hope that helps. I think your “doajaxing” method needs to know about the
two cases, create/update.

Stephan

I just realized it too… so bad for me :slight_smile:

Ok, I thought there would be another more convenient way but as I can
now see there is not

Regards, thanks everyone

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs