Problem with 'commentable'; was "Re: RadiantCMS, Maple Leaf

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 28-okt-2006, at 13:47, Sean C. wrote:

It has that already, albeit a somewhat kludgy implementation. Check out Commentable on the wiki under ThirdPartyBehaviors.

Sean C.
seancribbs.com

Sean (or anyone),

I’m currently testing the commentable behavior. I added the files to
the app/behaviors dir. Although the comment form appears as it
should in an article page, but when I submit a comment I receive the
below error (my apologies for the enormous amount of text, but I
didn’t which part you’d need). The articles are set to ‘commentable’,
the snippet was made and inserted in the layout with <r:snippet
name=“comments” />. I just working my way through “Programming Ruby”
and “Agile web development …” so I’m quite new to Ruby (on Rails)
and probably missing something simple…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid in SiteController#show_page

Validation failed: Status must be a number, Status must be a number

RAILS_ROOT: script/…/config/…
Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:748:in
save!' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:711:increate!’
vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/
has_many_association.rb:102:in send' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/ has_many_association.rb:102:inmethod_missing’
vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:873:in with_scope' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/ has_many_association.rb:92:inmethod_missing’
app/behaviors/comments_util.rb:23:in create_comment_in' app/behaviors/commentable_behavior.rb:34:inprocess’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/lib/advanced_delegation.rb:10:in send' #{RAILS_ROOT}/lib/advanced_delegation.rb:10:inprocess’
app/controllers/site_controller.rb:36:in show_uncached_page' app/controllers/site_controller.rb:22:inshow_page’

save!' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:711:increate!’
has_many_association.rb:102:in send' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/ has_many_association.rb:102:inmethod_missing’
vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:873:in with_scope' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/ has_many_association.rb:92:inmethod_missing’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:941:in send' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:941:inperform_action_without_filters’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:368:in
perform_action_without_benchmark' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in measure' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:in
perform_action' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:408:insend’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:408:in
process_without_filters' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:377:inprocess_without_session_management_support’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:
117:in process' vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:indispatch’
vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:115:in handle_dispatch' vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:81:inservice’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in service' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in start_thread' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in start_thread' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in each' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in start' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:instart’
vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:67:in dispatch' vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:59 vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:inrequire’
vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in
require' vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:30 script/server:3:inrequire’
script/server:3

app/behaviors/comments_util.rb:23:in create_comment_in' app/behaviors/commentable_behavior.rb:34:inprocess’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/lib/advanced_delegation.rb:10:in send' #{RAILS_ROOT}/lib/advanced_delegation.rb:10:inprocess’
app/controllers/site_controller.rb:36:in show_uncached_page' app/controllers/site_controller.rb:22:inshow_page’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:941:in send' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:941:inperform_action_without_filters’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:368:in
perform_action_without_benchmark' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in measure' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:in
perform_action' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:408:insend’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:408:in
process_without_filters' vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:377:inprocess_without_session_management_support’
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:
117:in process' vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:indispatch’
vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:115:in handle_dispatch' vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:81:inservice’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in service' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in start_thread' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in start_thread' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in each' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in start' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:instart’
vendor/rails/railties/lib/webrick_server.rb:67:in dispatch' vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:59 vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:inrequire’
vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in
require' vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:30 script/server:3:inrequire’
script/server:3

Request

Parameters: {“name”=>“robert”, “title”=>“comment”, “body”=>“this is a
comment”, “url”=>[“articles”, “2006”, “06”, “09”, “first-post”]}

Show session dump

Response
Headers: {“cookie”=>[]}
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks,

Robert.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)

iD8DBQFFQ09etKX8OBbKsDMRAskwAJ9FY+u75VUwpe21LBwlA20pNg7OLwCeJUmU
PmAAIovTs30KxDaSsCSAMHw=
=/VT6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Robert,

Add a “config” part to the pages on which it is failing and put this
line in that part:

That line with make all comments be posted in “Draft” mode. By the way,
the proper way to install Commentable is as a plugin. Run this from the
command line in the root of your Radiant application:

ruby script/plugin install
http://seancribbs.com/svn/rails/plugins/comments_behaviors

In the next few weeks I’ll be porting Commentable to the new sexy
extensions system. So all you kids playing with the mental branch can
have a new and improved Commentable!

Sean

p.s. If you continue to have problems with the behaviors, please email
me privately.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs