Problem related to Caching in mongrel

My production server has 6 mongrels running. I hosted a CMS (content
management system) on the server. As a admin of the website, I delete
few tabs in the site. But the Public version(for the non-loggedin)
version of the site still shows the deleted tabs at random(some times
they show up and sometimes don’t). I suppose that the cache at some of
the mongrels is not updated properly and that is why I can see the
deleted tabs. Is my supposition correct. Or am I missing something? Can
someone help me out. I am blocked on this right now.

Thanks in Advance,
-Saratchand

this is not a mongrel question. ask it on the mailing list of your cms.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Saratchand Kanuri
[email protected] wrote:

My production server has 6 mongrels running. I hosted a CMS (content
management system) on the server. As a admin of the website, I delete
few tabs in the site. But the Public version(for the non-loggedin)
version of the site still shows the deleted tabs at random(some times
they show up and sometimes don’t). I suppose that the cache at some of
the mongrels is not updated properly and that is why I can see the
deleted tabs. Is my supposition correct. Or am I missing something? Can
someone help me out. I am blocked on this right now.

Some questions:

  • What software is your CMS? Radiant? other?
  • What caching strategy is setup in your Rails/CMS application? The
    one by default?

Asking this because Rails MemoryStore, the default caching strategy
only works for a single process. Multiple process requires a shared
memory caching strategy, like memcache

–
Luis L.
AREA 17

Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupry