Problem installing engines

Hello everyone,
I apologize in advance if I commit any newbie mistakes. Please be
gentle, it’s my first time. I’ve searched google and the web but have
been unable to find a solution.

I’m attempting to install the active_rbac plugin. I’ve already run
./script/plugin discover and added the appropriate plugin repositories.
I then attempt ./script/plugin install engines and get the following
trimmed error:
_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine/datebox_engine
(Errno::ENAMETOOLONG)
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:243:in fu_mkdir' from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:217:inmkdir_p’
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:215:in mkdir_p' from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:201:inmkdir_p’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/commands/plugin.rb:829:in
push_d' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/commands/plugin.rb:862:infetch_dir’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/commands/plugin.rb:857:in
fetch' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/commands/plugin.rb:856:infetch’
… 1917 levels…
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/commands/plugin.rb:871
from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in require' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:inrequire’
from ./script/plugin:3

However, the subversion co seems to work fine.
I’m at a loss as to what else to try. Please let me know if I need to
provide more information.
Thanks,
Jonathan

On 7/5/06, Jonathan [email protected] wrote:

(Errno::ENAMETOOLONG)
from
from

Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


engine-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine-users-rails-engines.org

Jonathan,

Are you trying to get Rails 1.0.4 + Engines + ActiveRbac engine to
work together?

If so I just accomplished this a couple hours ago.

I used:
Rails 1.0.4
latest gems update (if it matters)
engines from SVN (released version does not work with this combo)
ActiveRbac 0.3.2

I have not yet done any serious testing but I can move around between
the ActiveRbac pages. That part was failing with the released version
of engines.

Greg

Greg F.
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century

Greg F. wrote:

Are you trying to get Rails 1.0.4 + Engines + ActiveRbac engine to
work together?

If so I just accomplished this a couple hours ago.

I used:
Rails 1.0.4
latest gems update (if it matters)
engines from SVN (released version does not work with this combo)
ActiveRbac 0.3.2

Except using Rails 1.1.4, yes, I’m trying to get them to work together.
If you notice, the error message shows that the plugin script was trying
to install datebox_engine directories within datebox_engine directories
in an infinite loop until hitting some defined limit in [ruby|rails].

I haven’t tested the svn co of engines and active_rbac but I’m going to
start right now. My concern is why the plugin script failed and what I
can do to debug that issue. It concerns me that such an error occurs.
Even if I work around it now, who’s to say it won’t come back and bite
me later…
Jonathan

In my original e-mail I meant Rails 1.1.4 throughout. Sorry about the
typos.

On 7/6/06, Jonathan [email protected] wrote:

ActiveRbac 0.3.2
me later…
Jonathan


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


engine-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine-users-rails-engines.org


Greg F.
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century

On 7/6/06, Jonathan [email protected]alid wrote:

ActiveRbac 0.3.2
me later…
Jonathan


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


engine-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine-users-rails-engines.org

Jonathan,

Out of curiousity I just went thru the process on a virgin project:

rails engine_test # Create an empty app
cd engine_test
cd vendor/plugins/
svn co http://svn.rails-engines.org/engines/branches/rb_1.1 engines
cd …/…
./script/plugin discover # This had a glitch, but I ignored it
script/plugin install active_rbac

Other than the one glitch in discovery it worked fine.

I’ve attached the script of me running thru it with all the feedback.
Not that it really proves anything.

Also, I’m running Rails 1.1.4 and gem 0.9.0
ie.

gem --version

0.9.0

rails --version

Rails 1.1.4

Not sure if either those are important to your issue.

Greg

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs