Problem in "make " command

Hello all,     I have successfully configured gnuradio-3.2.2 on my
windows XP , using cygwin as the unix emulator. Now after configuring,
when I try to " make " the components, I get the following horrible set
of errors:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:978: error: ISO C++
forbids in-class initialization of non-const static member
is_signed'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:979: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_integer’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:980:
error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static
is_exact'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:981: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberradix’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:987:
min_exponent'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:988: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membermin_exponent10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:989:
error: ISO C++ forbids in-class
initialization of non-const static member
max_exponent'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:990: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membermax_exponent10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:992:
has_infinity'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:993: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_quiet_NaN’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:994:
error: std::numeric_limits<float>::has_quiet_NaN' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:994: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_signaling_NaN’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:996:
has_denorm'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:997: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_denorm_loss’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1009:
error: std::numeric_limits<float>::has_infinity' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1009: error:std::numeric_limits::has_quiet_NaN’ cannot appear in a
constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1009:
error: std::numeric_limits<float>::has_denorm' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1009: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_iec559’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1010:
error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static
is_bounded'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1011: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_modulo’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1013:
member traps'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1014: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membertinyness_before’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1015:
round_style'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1025: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_specialized’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1032:
digits'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1033: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberdigits10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1034:
is_signed'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1035: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_integer’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1036:
is_exact'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1037: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberradix’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1043:
min_exponent'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1044: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membermin_exponent10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1045:
error: ISO C++ forbids
in-class initialization of non-const static member
max_exponent'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1046: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membermax_exponent10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1048:
has_infinity'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1049: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_quiet_NaN’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1050:
error: std::numeric_limits<double>::has_quiet_NaN' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1050: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_signaling_NaN’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1052:
has_denorm'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1053: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_denorm_loss’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1065:
error: std::numeric_limits<double>::has_infinity' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1065: error:std::numeric_limits::has_quiet_NaN’ cannot appear in a
constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1065:
error: std::numeric_limits<double>::has_denorm' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1065: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_iec559’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1066:
is_bounded'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1067: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_modulo’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1069:
member traps'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1070: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membertinyness_before’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1071:
round_style'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1081: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_specialized’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1088:
digits'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1089: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberdigits10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1090:
is_signed'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1091: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_integer’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1092:
is_exact'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1093: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberradix’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1099:
min_exponent'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1100: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membermin_exponent10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1101:
error: ISO C++ forbids
in-class initialization of non-const static member
max_exponent'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1102: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membermax_exponent10’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1104:
has_infinity'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1105: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_quiet_NaN’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1106:
error: std::numeric_limits<long double>::has_quiet_NaN' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1106: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_signaling_NaN’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1108:
has_denorm'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1110: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberhas_denorm_loss’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1122:
error: std::numeric_limits<long double>::has_infinity' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1122: error:std::numeric_limits::has_quiet_NaN’ cannot appear
in a
constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1122:
error: std::numeric_limits<long double>::has_denorm' cannot appear in a constant-expression/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1122: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_iec559’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1123:
is_bounded'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1124: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static memberis_modulo’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1126:
member traps'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1127: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static membertinyness_before’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/limits:1128:
member round_style'In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/string:48,         from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/stdexcept:45,         from /cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel/src/include/gruel/realtime.h:26,         from realtime.cc:27:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/memory: In functionstd::pair<_Tp*, ptrdiff_t>
std::__get_temporary_buffer(ptrdiff_t, _Tp*)’::0: error: too
many arguments to function void* operator new(unsigned int)'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/memory:84: error: at this point in fileIn file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/string:57,         from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/stdexcept:45,         from /cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel/src/include/gruel/realtime.h:26,         from realtime.cc:27:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h: At global scope:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h: In instantiation ofstd::basic_string<char, std::char_traits,
std::allocator >’:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.tcc:932:
 instantiated from
here/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:247:
member `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits,
std::allocator

::npos’/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:
In instantiation of std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >': /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.tcc:932: Â instantiated from here/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:312: error:static void std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits,
_Alloc>::_S_copy_chars(_CharT*, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename
_Alloc::const_pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >,
__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::const_pointer,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >) [with _CharT = char,
_Traits = std::char_traits, _Alloc = std::allocator]’ and
static void std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::_S_copy_chars(_CharT*, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>Â >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>,_Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:320: error:static void std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits,
_Alloc>::_S_copy_chars(_CharT*, _CharT*, _CharT*) [with _CharT = char,
_Traits = std::char_traits, _Alloc =std::allocator]’ and
static void std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::_S_copy_chars(_CharT*, _CharT*, _CharT*) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:468: error:__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::const_pointer,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > std::basic_string<_CharT,
_Traits, _Alloc>::begin() [with _CharT = char, _Traits =
std::char_traits, _Alloc = std::allocator]’ and
__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::begin()Â [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:487: error:__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::const_pointer,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > std::basic_string<_CharT,
_Traits, _Alloc>::end() [with _CharT = char, _Traits =
__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::end() [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:505: error:std::reverse_iterator<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename
_Alloc::const_pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > >
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits,
_Alloc>::rbegin() [with _CharT = char, _Traits =
std::reverse_iterator<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > > std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::rbegin() [with _CharT = char, _Traits= std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:523: error:std::reverse_iterator<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename
_Alloc::const_pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > >
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::rend() [with _CharT = char,
_Traits = std::char_traits, _Alloc = std::allocator]’ and
std::reverse_iterator<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> > > std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::rend() [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:636: error:typename _Alloc::reference std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits,
_Alloc>::operator[](typename _Alloc::size_type) [with _CharT = char,
typename _Alloc::const_reference std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::operator[](typename _Alloc::size_type) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:673: error:typename _Alloc::reference std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits,
_Alloc>::at(typename _Alloc::size_type) [with _CharT = char, _Traits =
std::char_traits, _Alloc = std::allocator]’ and typename _Alloc::const_reference std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::at(typename _Alloc::size_type) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:1307: error:std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>&
_Alloc>::replace(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >,
__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >, _CharT*, _CharT*) [with
_CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits, _Alloc =
std::allocator]’ and std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>& std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::replace(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >, _CharT*, _CharT*) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloaded/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/basic_string.h:1328: error:std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>&
_Alloc>::replace(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer,
__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >) [with _CharT = char,
std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>& std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::replace(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> , __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename _Alloc::pointer, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc> >) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' cannot be overloadedIn file included from realtime.cc:27:/cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel/src/include/gruel/realtime.h: In constructorgruel::rt_sched_param::rt_sched_param(int,
gruel::rt_sched_policy)’:/cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel/src/include/gruel/realtime.h:71:Â error:
no matching function for call to
std::invalid_argument::invalid_argument(const char[38])'/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/stdexcept:82: note: candidates are: std::invalid_argument::invalid_argument(std::invalid_argument&)/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/stdexcept:84: note:Â Â std::invalid_argument::invalid_argument(std::string&)make[4]: *** [realtime.lo] Error 1make[4]: Leaving directory/cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel/src/lib’make[3]: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1make[3]: Leaving directory
/cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel/src' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make[2]: Leaving directory/cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2/gruel’make[1]: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1make[1]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/f/gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-3.2.2’make: *** [all] Error 2
I am unable to solve this make problem. I read in some forums to add
headers to the limits file but it doesn’t help. Can anyone please
suggest how to go about this?Thank you in advance.Regards,Reena

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs