Datum: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:36:02 +0900
Von: Marc H. [email protected]
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Printing with ruby under windows

Anyone knows if there is an easy, straight-forward way to print a i.e.

foobar.pdf

file on windows?

Dear Marc,

I managed to print something in Vista Ultimate with the following
command:

system(“C:/Program Files/Adobe/Reader 8.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe /p
gpcard.pdf”).

(Still had to press the Ok button in the printer dialog…)

You’ll maybe have to give the full path of both Acroread and of the file
you want to print.
And I also had to change the file separators to forward slashes…
Here’s an old post that describes this and other options :

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/32861

Best regards,

Axel