POSIX message queues allow local processes to exchange data in the form
of messages. This API is distinct from that provided by System V
message queues, but provides similar functionality.
Small bugfixes and small API changes to avoid potential
issues/misuse are the focus of this release.
For non-blocking operation, the GVL is no longer bounced. This
reduces synchronization/scheduling overhead when used in
Small cleanups and documentation improvements, too.
- make POSIX_MQ#dup and POSIX_MQ#clone no-op
- do not release GVL for non-blocking operations
- do not release GVL when unlinking/opening
- POSIX_MQ#<< does not release GVL when non-blocking
- avoid shadow warnings
- README: add mailing list archives info
- POSIX_MQ#to_io works under FreeBSD, too
- fix potential race with notify(&block)
- add TODO item for using netlink under Linux
- remove non-portable #warning CPP directive
- ensure POSIX_MQ#name is clobber-proof