I am new to the platform.
I have used manual instaaltion.
- downloaded ruby latestversion and installed. ruby -v = 1.8.6
- downloaded .zip package of ruby gems, extracted and run setup. gem -v
- downloaded all dependencies rake, activesupport,active record,
actionpack,actionwebservice, actionmailer and installed using - gem
gemname --local command
- downloaded rails.gem and installed using - gem install rails --local.
rails -v = Rails 1.2.3
- added c:\ruby\bin to path variable.
- created an app using - rails app
- changed to that folder and issued - ruby script/server
this command gives only the following output
=> Booting WEBrick server…
thats all and when i try to open a browser with http:\localhost:3000,
it says the page cannot be displayed…
please someone help me… I am using windows XP with Nortron Internet
Security… I am eally desperate of this and kindly someone help me out
of this… please…