Please e-mail (not only post) the Forum Instructions URL


#1

Am I just blind, or are there no links to the instructions, e.g. the
Search syntax or how to get back to a thread I started on RoR?

Or do those links, buttons, whatever only show / work in IE?

Thanks for any help; sorry if I can’t figure out something I should be
able to.

jandjharris (at) gmail.com


#2

On 2/13/06, Jim H. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Am I just blind, or are there no links to the instructions, e.g. the
Search syntax or how to get back to a thread I started on RoR?

Or do those links, buttons, whatever only show / work in IE?

Thanks for any help; sorry if I can’t figure out something I should be
able to.

jandjharris (at) gmail.com

If you’re posting from your email account, Gmail hides the copy of the
mail you sent when the list sends it back. It’s super lame, but
Google thinks it’s a feature.

– James


#3

Thanks, but I’m not having trouble with the e-mail interface.

I’m doing everything in my browser (Firefox 1.0.7).

For example, I started a thread yesterday, got a couple of reply posts,
and replied to those myself (all of these only in the browser, no
e-mail was involved), and now I can’t even find it, putting several
words that I know are in my original post into the (really lame?)
Search window.

Jim


#4

Jim,

Use Gmail in future when writing to the list. It makes everything a
lot easier. And you can setup a filter to give all rails emails a
label and archive them.

Estelle.


#5

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 15:39 -0800, Estelle W. wrote:

Jim,

Use Gmail in future when writing to the list. It makes everything a
lot easier. And you can setup a filter to give all rails emails a
label and archive them.


archive all emails from this list?

wow

Craig


#6

On Feb 13, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Craig W. wrote:

Craig

I have a copy of every message to this list and ruby-talk since
November 2004 :wink:

-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#7

Ezra… you’re making me feel like a total nuby… my earliest archived
was
November 2005 :slight_smile:


#8

Hi All.

Well, you know, it’s real entertaining reading all these fun comments,
but doesn’t any of you, even the “oldies”, have anything to contribute
to my original question about "links to the instructions, e.g. the
Search syntax or how to get back to a thread I started on RoR?

“Or do those links, buttons, whatever only show / work in IE?”

and my later addition,

“I started a thread yesterday, got a couple of reply posts,
and replied to those myself (all of these only in the browser, no
e-mail was involved), and now I can’t even find it, putting several
words that I know are in my original post into the (really lame?)
Search window.”

?

I would really like to know, please.

Jim


#9

On 2/13/06, Craig W. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 15:39 -0800, Estelle W. wrote:

Jim,

Use Gmail in future when writing to the list. It makes everything a
lot easier. And you can setup a filter to give all rails emails a
label and archive them.


archive all emails from this list?

wow

Sure. That’s what I’m doing with Gmail. I set up a filter so that
all rails messages skip my inbox and go straight to my archive, with a
“Rails” label so that I can easily view and search all of the them at
once.

– James


#10

Jim,

I’m assuming this is the one you’re looking for:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/54396#new
(Its currently on page 4 - http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3?page=4)

You’re right. The search feature sucks.

Estelle.