PHP ob_start in Ruby

I need to include Content-Length in each file. In PHP it would be:

<?php ob_start(); ?>

html

<?php header('Content-Length: ' . ob_get_length()); ob_end_flush(); ?>

How can I do the same in Ruby?

Thanks,
eduard

I think there should be a “how to do equivalent PHP function in Ruby”
page on the Wiki…

eduard wrote:

?>

Rails mailing list
[email protected]

I do things for love or money

+44 (0)7941 219 501

aim:oulalipo | yahoo:tachekent

Dorian M. wrote:

I think there should be a “how to do equivalent PHP function in Ruby”
page on the Wiki…

I’ve started http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/PHPEquivalents.
The idea is that each page in the PHP manual should have an equivalent
in the Rails Wiki, and each PHP function should have a page either
showing the way you do it in Ruby/Rails, or a short explanation as to
why it’s not necessary. I made a quick start to the main menu and the
date/time functions to show what could be done… Good idea? Bad? If
people like it, I’ll try to keep up with filling it, but it’d be good to
have a few others at it, too.

In your Application Controller, add this:

after_filter { |controller|
controller.response.headers[‘Content-Length’] =
controller.response.body.length

}

I need to include Content-Length in each file. In PHP it would be:

<?php ob_start(); ?>

html

<?php header('Content-Length: ' . ob_get_length()); ob_end_flush(); ?>

How can I do the same in Ruby?

Thanks,
eduard

Thanks Tom, it works great!