Version 0.9.0 of ruby-pg has been released.
This is the extension library to access a PostgreSQL database from Ruby.
library works with PostgreSQL 7.4 and later.
== Project Page
$ sudo gem install pg
or from source:
$ wget http://deveiate.org/code/pg-0.9.0.tar.gz
$ tar -xzvf pg-0.9.0.tar.gz
$ cd pg-0.9.0
$ sudo rake install
=== New Features
- Added support for Ruby 1.9’s multinationalization.
- A new PGconn#wait_for_notify method to be used with PostgreSQL’s
NOTIFY/LISTEN IPC mechanism.
- Added new column-selection methods PGresult#field_values and
- Better error reporting from large-object methods.
- Improved spec coverage and faster spec runs.
- Added a PGconn::VERSION constant
- Arity fix for PGresult#paramtype and PGconn.encrypt_password.
- PGconn#lo_read no longer returns garbage at the end of the data if
read past the end of a large object.
- PGresult#fmod, #ftable, and #ftablecol now correctly raises an
only if the specified index is really invalid.
- Made the block form of PGconn#exec, #exec_prepared, and #get_result
PGresult to the block instead of just the first row.
- The asynchronous PGconn.connect_start now correctly uses
instead of PQconnectdb().
- Moved development over to Mercurial on Bitbucket.
- Made compilation under MacOS X easier by looking for pg_config.
- Win32 gem now includes a statically-linked libssl and libpq for easier
The features and bugfixes in this release were contributed by a bunch of