Perl module stability

The English wiki says the embedded perl module is highly experimental
followed by a lot of warnings. Is this still true?

I have the same question as Arvind.
Btw, can any one give some non-trivial example about how to use embedded
perl module?

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:13:03AM +0530, Arvind Jayaprakash wrote:

The English wiki says the embedded perl module is highly experimental
followed by a lot of warnings. Is this still true?

Currently it’s not highly experimental: we and some other use it in
production. However, you should not try to work with other servers or
databases in perl handler, because waiting on remote server/database
response blocks other connections handling.

On Aug 23, Igor S. wrote:

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:13:03AM +0530, Arvind Jayaprakash wrote:

The English wiki says the embedded perl module is highly experimental
followed by a lot of warnings. Is this still true?

Currently it’s not highly experimental: we and some other use it in
production. However, you should not try to work with other servers or
databases in perl handler, because waiting on remote server/database
response blocks other connections handling.

Would it be fair to say that for as long as the perl fragment is
running, no other connection will be processed for a given worker?

Hence, do not use it if you don’t know what you are doing.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:40:14AM +0530, Arvind Jayaprakash wrote:

Would it be fair to say that for as long as the perl fragment is
running, no other connection will be processed for a given worker?

Hence, do not use it if you don’t know what you are doing.

Yes.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs