Performance difference in Asp.Net with IronRuby

Hi,

Will there be any significant difference between Asp.Net with C# and
IronRuby.?

Since i have ready many blogs claiming C# to be running faster than
Vb.Net, i just wanted to reconfirm that will IronRuby at par with C# or
Vb.Net.

I am more confused about performance since C# runs directly on CLR
and…
IronRuby runs on DLR, which itself runs above CLR.

Let me make more clear.

C#

Runs on DLR ---------Only one layer.

IronRuby

DLR

CLR --------------Two layers.

Sorry for my newbie question.

This question applies to IronRuby final RTM

Thanks

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Rahil K. [email protected]
wrote:

Will there be any significant difference between Asp.Net with C# and
IronRuby.?

Since i have ready many blogs claiming C# to be running faster than
Vb.Net, i just wanted to reconfirm that will IronRuby at par with C# or
Vb.Net.

This question pre-supposes that the speed of the language is the most
important factor in the performance of a web-site, an assertion I
believe to
be contrary to most evidence and experience.

It was true, early in .NET, that the C# compiler was a more aggressive
optimizer than the VB.net compiler. Not sure if it’s still true or not.

Ah. Didn’t know that.

Thanks!

JD