Patching airprobe to compile with GNURadio 3.7

Hey, I’ve spent the last couple of days trying to get airprobe rtl GSM
software to work with the new GNU Radio.
I made a patch to grcompat to fill in the missing functions:

And have got ported the gsm module for gsm-receive/src/lib/ to work. And
I’ve ported gsm_receive_rtl for all the changes in module structure in
GNU Radio. Now the program opens but I’m stuck at one last step.

Here is the line giving me difficulty:

#self.connect(self.src, self.tuner, self.interpolator, self.receiver,
self.converter, self.output)
self.connect(self.src, self.tuner, self.interpolator)

I’ve commented the original which gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./”, line 232, in
tb = top_block()
File “./”, line 99, in init
self.connect(self.src, self.tuner, self.interpolator, self.receiver)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/”,
line 131, in connect
self._connect(points[i-1], points[i])
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/”,
line 141, in _connect
(dst_block, dst_port) = self._coerce_endpoint(dst)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/”,
line 152, in _coerce_endpoint
raise ValueError(“unable to coerce endpoint”)
ValueError: unable to coerce endpoint

Here is the source for the self.receiver type (a custom block for GSM

Any clues? What is the problem with gsm_receiver_cf that GNU Radio gives
that error? It used to work with 3.6…


On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 5:10 PM, jkkjjkjk kjjkjkjkj [email protected]

tb = top_block()
raise ValueError(“unable to coerce endpoint”)


This is why I’m against these kinds of compatibility headers. They just
encourage the use of a project without ever updating it. As things
to move in the main development, you can get left behind. Honestly, your
work to fix the grcompat header would have been better spent updating
airprobe. You’ve seen how it’s just simple semantic/namespace changes by
updating grcompat. Updating this code should not be difficult and would
then make it more clear what kind of issues are going wrong. As it is,
have a third layer in between this code and GNU Radio obscuring things.